Skip to main content

With OTA's this week and June (mandatory) Mini Camp just a few weeks away, thought we could put various tid bits and info into a running thread. 

Rob Demovsky ESPN Staff Writer 

CBs Kevin King (shoulder) and Quinten Rollins (Achilles) both were on the field in limited capacities. Both finished last season on IR. Also back from IR and working: Ty Montgomery (wrist), CB Herb Waters (shoulder), S Kentrell Brice (ankle), T Jason Springs (knee), T Kevin Murphy (foot).

Packers guard Lane Taylor said he underwent ankle surgery after the season and likely won't work at all during OTAs. He said it was just to clean up a linger issue. He missed the Saints game last year (Oct. 22) because of an ankle injury. He expects to be back for the start of training camp.

It's a hamstring injury for WR Davante Adams, who did not practice at Tuesday's OTA. He came out halfway through practice. Others with injuries: WR Trevor Davis (hamstring), WR Colby Pearson (hamstring), OLB Clay Matthews (knee), OLB Nick Perry (ankle), LG Lane Taylor (ankle), RT Bryan Bulaga (knee), TE Emanuel Byrd (hamstring). Absent not due to injuries: S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, CB Tramon Williams.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

PackLandVA posted:
michiganjoe posted:

WRs ran the wrong routes. 

reminds me of the 'favre excuse-o-matic' - man that was funny.  'my uncle had pink-eye...'

michiganjoe posted:

Gutekunst won't be vindicated until Scott demonstrates he's a legitimate upgrade at the position. Early signs appear encouraging, but he has to do it in actual games and in inclement conditions.

Wolf put a Lombardi next to Vince’s 2. Ted put one next to Ron’s. Gute has to put at least one next to Ted’s. 

I don’t ever want a GM vindicated for draft picks. Or free agent signings. Hardware is all that matters. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
michiganjoe posted:

Not sure what to do with this. On one hand, sorry to hear his grandmother died and understandable he'd miss time; on the other, he would have sold out the family's grieving for money.  

Timmy! posted:
Blair Kiel posted:

Did you hear the one about the Irishman who walks out of a bar?

Me neither.

No Irishman ever walked out of a bar.

How many Irishmen does it take to change a light bulb?

10--1 to hold the bulb and 9 to drink 'til the room starts spinning!

Why are there no Irish lawyers?

Because they can never pass the bar.

https://www.packers.com/news/j...22&sf191704522=1

The difference has been tangible this offseason. It’s evident Spriggs has a fuller torso and thicker lower body.

“You can see in his body, he’s made some very strong gains in his size, his strength,” run-game coordinator/offensive line coach James Campen said. “He’s a kid going into his third year and wants to make sure he’s going to give it everything he can.

One one hand. There was the story last year that the secondary would split time between working with Whitt and Perry during the week in random manner and work on different things apart from the other group and you couldn't help but think the only net result of an arrangement like that would be confusion. So the question of Dom's insane asylum approach to scheme holds merit. 

On the other hand. When Mike cleaned house on the defensive staff side in 2008 Moss was the only prominent position guy left standing. In fact, he was promoted to Assistant Head Coach. He's remained in that position ever since. The fact is you can't look at LB play over the past 10 years and say it's been a strong point of the defense other than Clay, Peppers. and possibly Bishop. Guys that would have flourished even if they were coached by Brad Childress. 

Henry posted:
oldschool posted:
Henry posted:

Not concerned with Dix at all.  

I think we all know better than that...we've seen the Snapchats from Platteville.

Why are you looking at dick pics?

There once was a gal from old Wentry

Who with the boys was rather quite friendly

Imagine the surprise...upon keener eyes

when we found she was really ...O'Henry !

I won't defend Moss, but I will say he was tasked with trying to make chicken salad out of chicken chit most years.

From 2006 to 2015, LBs drafted include Abdul Hodge, Desmond Bishop, Korey Hall, CM III, Brad Jones, DJ Smith, Terrell Manning, Nate Palmer, Sam Barrington, Carl Bradford, and Jake Ryan. 
No LBs drafted in 2008 or 2010.
Ummm, yeah, no.....

Acquired some guy named Ben Taylor via FA in '06, Brandon Chillar in 08, and Peppers in 2014.
I don't know if this is a complete list of FAs and doesn't include any UDFAs, nor does it include players moving from DE to OLB, but the point is made that acquiring talent at LB has been below average to poor.
2 impact players (if  Bishop is included) drafted over 11 picks in 10 years. 

Fackrell and Martinez were drafted in 2016, Vince Biegel in '17, and Oren Burks and Kendall Donnerson this year, so the jury is still out on these guys, but it's still an uphill climb for Fackrell and Martinez in my eyes.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.