Skip to main content

YATittle posted:

I think it might be time to move on from Rip and put JWilliams back there.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/...-keep-a-fullback-248

On single back runs, the Packers averaged 4.4 yards per carry, a full yard per carry more than they averaged on runs out of two-back formations (3.4 ypc).

a) thanks for doing the math for me, figuring out what a full carry difference would be is hard enough in metric, much less doing it in yards.  

b) I don't think it is that simple.  I'd like to see down and distance too.  I suspect when they use the two back sets, it is when they need a couple yards.  One back sets probably happen more in early downs/play action.  

c) fullbacks are awsum

MVS is going to be a very good reciever in this league for a long time. He’s got a lot of football IQ to go with his 4.3 speed. 6’3” isn’t going to hurt him either. 

Hes a matchup nightmare in development. 

While I dig EQs ability to get open in the slot and Moore’s ability to create separation. They have work to do. 

MVS is a completely different problem for defenses. 

EQ has shown he's tough to account for out of the slot. He runs fluid patterns. Easy for a QB to see his route. Nothing he's done says he doesn't want to play football which was the concern. So far so good. 

Moore is going to be a work in progress. I still think GB needs to give him some WR screens and bubble passes to help get his mind right. He's in his own way right now. But you can't give up on a kid that creates separation the way he does. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.