Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am anxious about Kevin King.  He played solid corner until his injury last year, such as holding his own one on one against Julio Jones.  Some have predicted him to have a break out year.  His position is so important and his playing style just what the doctor ordered (physical with the receiver from the get-go).  6'3" 205 pounds with a lot of length.

So it is his other shoulder.  I saw one article that quoted him saying he'll be fine and it said he'd return sometime during the preseason.  Sometime during the preseason?  

Anyway, I am anxious about him and of course sure hope he is going to be OK.

Last edited by phaedrus
DH13 posted:

And before they discovered PEDs.

Bigger, stronger and faster! Today’s young men workout in gyms, take supplements and train year round. In the old days they worked at a job or simply did little or nothing football related. 

An Anthropologist friend once told me that we have pushed our monkey body to its limits.

Last edited by PackerPatrick
bvan posted:

In the Lombardi days they did two-a-days, burpees etc all in pads with full contact practice.
I don't recall any season enders...

That was before cell phones, twitter, and facebook too.  

They did tape ankles though.  It was a fine if you didn't get them taped in Lombardi's world.  I don't think many get them taped these days.  Players today want any advantage they can get.  

Ghost of Lambeau posted:
bvan posted:

In the Lombardi days they did two-a-days, burpees etc all in pads with full contact practice.

They did tape ankles though.  It was a fine if you didn't get them taped in Lombardi's world.  I don't think many get them taped these days.  Players today want any advantage they can get.  

Yup, I agree with the bigger, stronger, faster, and year around conditioning being a contributing factor to bodies pushing the envelope to the max.

Back then these guys were carousers!
Some worked offseason gigs and some didn't.
They pretty much arrived in camp in halfassed shape and started over.

CAROUSERS ROCK!

Ghost of Lambeau posted:
bvan posted:

basketball coach in college insisted everyone get ankles taped every time.  I didn't keep up well with shaving ankles thus I've been ankle hair free since '88. 

and I agree with bvan.  and this has been discussed somewhere someplace before, but I do believe specialization plays a role as well, the whole 'keep 'em fresh' philosophy.  you didn't have all the constant substituting back in the day.  the players wore down at the same rate during a game and you gutted it out together.  now you might get a jacked DL in the 4th quarter who's had all of 5 snaps all day going against a RB or OL that's worked their ass off all day.  whoops there goes another ACL...

and beer, they need to drink more beer, and liquor is quicker.

Last edited by Tdog

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.