Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hum the alphabet, when you're headed down south.

Oh! Right....Free Agency....

CJ Moseley & a couple OG's please - wouldn't mind a good value FA at WR & TE either like a John Brown or Tyler Eifert. I know about Eifert's injury history but damn if that guy could stay healthy, he'd be a superstar

Last edited by Boris
Brainwashed Boris posted:

Hum the alphabet, when you're headed down south.

Oh! Right....Free Agency....

CJ Moseley & a couple OG's please - wouldn't mind a good value FA at WR & TE either like a John Brown or Tyler Eifert. I know about Eifert's injury history but damn if that guy could stay healthy, he'd be a superstar

No players made of glass please. 

I'm a bit out of touch with who is expected to be tagged and who isn't.  I'm going to assume guys like Clowney and Ford will be tagged.  

I think GB can fill a few holes with some quality dudes though.  I like Preston Smith (OLB), Earl Thomas (S), Landon Collins (S), Tyrann Mathieu (S), Trent Brown (OT), CJ Mosely (MLB), Za'Darius Smith (OLB), etc... 

Gotta be able to snag a few dudes.  Who ya got your eye on?

michiganjoe posted:

Are the Chefs in need a FB that completely misses blocks on run plays? Andy Reid is an innovator, pretty soon FB's lacking awareness are going to be the new NFL fad.  

Last edited by Grave Digger
michiganjoe posted:

Wonder who he will go into the HOF as - probably a Panther...

pkr_north posted:
michiganjoe posted:

Wonder who he will go into the HOF as - probably a Panther...

You're joking, right. There is no "team designation" in NFL hall of fame...

Source: The Miami Herald - Barry Jackson

Updating a previous report, Darren Rizzi has agreed to join the New Orleans Saints as their special-teams coordinator, a source reported Friday, Feb. 1.

I have NFI why the Packers didn't hire this guy - Murphy didn't think he was a "good fit" I guess....Whatever TF that means

I'm warming up to digger's theory Pettine doesn't need to focus resources on OLB.  If your highest rated prospect at #12 is an OLB then take him.  If not then go DL, OL, ILB, TE whatever.  Our DL will be the engine for pass rush and we need more talent behind them.  Go after Mosely if he's not tagged.

I was responding to someone posting an OLB strategy that disappeared.

Last edited by DH13
CUPackFan posted:

How I'd fix the Packers OLB problem:

1) Cut Nick Perry.  This guy played the financial game right - showed just enough in his first 4 years to make his 5th season look like a break out and cash in on free agency, only to revert back to the injury plagued player he was early in his career once he got the money.  Big cap hit here but they just need him gone.   

There's been a repeated story about Perry and his practice habits under MM and Moss. Apparently, well, there wasn't much of them. Story goes Perry was lazy as fu** during closed practices and barely did anything. MM would coddle him using Perry's latest umpteenth injury as an excuse and Moss turned the other way and didn't give a shit. 

It rubbed a lot of other guys the wrong way who actually, you know, practiced and practiced hard yet weren't getting playing time. 

Seems like we're hearing more and more about the complacency under MM in his later years. And the more we hear, the more I'm shaking my head. 

Sorry DH, just moved my OLB post to the "How many positions....." thread.  Felt it fit better there since this thread looks to be aimed at actual transactions.  Sorry, I'm home sick today and bored so figured I'd start projecting the Packers 2019 season!!

packerboi posted:
CUPackFan posted:

How I'd fix the Packers OLB problem:

1) Cut Nick Perry.  This guy played the financial game right - showed just enough in his first 4 years to make his 5th season look like a break out and cash in on free agency, only to revert back to the injury plagued player he was early in his career once he got the money.  Big cap hit here but they just need him gone.   

There's been a repeated story about Perry and his practice habits under MM and Moss. Apparently, well, there wasn't much of them. Story goes Perry was lazy as fu** during closed practices and barely did anything. MM would coddle him using Perry's latest umpteenth injury as an excuse and Moss turned the other way and didn't give a shit. 

It rubbed a lot of other guys the wrong way who actually, you know, practiced and practiced hard yet weren't getting playing time. 

Seems like we're hearing more and more about the complacency under MM in his later years. And the more we hear, the more I'm shaking my head. 

Wow!  I am kind of scratching my head as to why you coddle someone who is constantly hurt and never sees the field.   I was strongly on the keep MM camp but the more I hear and read I was totally wrong.

As for Perry's cap hit I could be wrong (and please correct me if I am) but wouldn't the dead money hit be over 10M? I would like to see the guy gone but can they afford to do that?

Link copied to your clipboard.