Skip to main content

Fanfare, it’s wild, just crazy considering the contract he signed, the risk he took on, and his disregard for the proper procedures. Idiot. 

Have to wonder what the flexibility will be when he’s finally able to rehab, and if he will regain his speed? Or possibly suffer subsequent injury to plantar fascia, etc. that would be related?

I heard something on the radio this morning from a doctor that says we should slow down on blaming this on A Brown being an idiot. He said not wearing the proper footwear wouldn't cause this. His theory is that it was caused by the extra moisture from his "trench foot" condition. Sort of a perfect storm of conditions that led to the outcome.   

Fandame posted:

Well, it said Brown did the cryo in France so that explains it! This past summer in Europe we noticed that slides in swimming pools had the red light-green light, but no guards at the top or bottom; there were no signs near waterfalls warning of slipperiness on wet rocks; no "climb at own risk" warnings on rocky beaches; and worst of all, no health warnings when in hot tubs. Sheesh, you'd almost think that people had to think for themselves and use common sense. Brown obviously had to follow directions and use common sense... and he failed!

It's amazing to see how free people can be when they're not bothered with those pesky liability lawyers.
I'm a HUGE fan of the motorcycle racing on the Isle of Mann. One lap is roughly 37 miles, and goes from countryside to rolling mountains, and through many quaint little towns.
There are no fences separating crowd from racers, no guard rails or any other "safety" devices/systems, and everybody accepts what can happen and realizes it's a personal choice that they solely are responsible for.

HOLY FU**

Train. Wreck. 

Last edited by packerboi

Silver has like 18 threads on this. Essentially, the wheels are flying off the Raiders acquiring Brown and he's having a melt down because he can't wear the helmet he wants. A decision the NFL made that the Raiders have NO control over. A key reason he's not reporting to camp. 

Jeebus Christ. 

I really gotta DVR Hard Knocks. Might be the best ever season...

I heard that Brown actually went out and bought his own helmet that he likes and painted it Raiders silver to wear to practice. Surprisingly, he didn't get away with it. If true, this is just some bizarre shit going on. He also whined about Rodgers and Brady get to keep wearing older helmets then the training staff showed him video of Rodgers wearing a newer style helmet in practice. 

I like the CB Derrick Jones signing after release by NYJ. 6-2 188. 4.46 40 time, 41" vertical, 11-8 broad jump - last two would have put him top 3 at the combine for CBs! Aggressive sprinter in kick coverage. Former WR turned CB in Senior year at Ole Miss. Had 2 INT, one returned for a TD, and 3 PDs in his one year at CB. Wiry. Not a lot of mass. Strengths in press man coverage but needs added strength.

He was slowed this year in TC by a knee injury early summer which may account for his being cut loose. Not sure extent of that. Sounds like a developmental project who really needs to add muscle and core strength, but could contribute on STs and maybe stay on PS. Super raw without a ton of coaching to unteach. Might be a nice project.

Kind of funny. Derrick Jones played ONE game for the Jets, week 17 last season v. NE. He wound up with PFF's 2nd highest defensive grade among Jets defenders at 79.1, and a 89.9 coverage grade, which would have made him 5th amongst all NFL CBs that week.

Jets been working hard to eviscerate themselves of all players taken by Mike Maccagnan. They have 3 players left from the 2018 draft out of 9 picks. Definitely worth the flyer.

Last edited by Trophies

I did my best, always do. There wasn't sh!t on him, but, that's where my personnel geek self took over. And, I do this just because I really dig it, want to know who we've got.

Speaking of FAs, a fluff piece on Yosh Nijman by the Rock:

https://www.packers.com/video/...rt-worth-rooting-for

I do think Yosh is going to make it. Just being able to sign him, undrafted, was a strange and serendipitous kind of free fall of riches. I mean, I would have been happy if they added OT in R1. Felt we needed to cover bases there. Yosh could easily develop into a starting OT on this team, and I'm glad the Packers were the one's to sign him. Many NFL scouts had him winning the NFL combine for OL.

I'm serious. He really did crush the top rushers in this draft playing RT for VT as a senior... Clelin Ferrell, Josh Allen, Christian Wilkins, Brian Burns, Dexter Lawrence. He did give up one sack to Oshane Ximines in 2018, but not a single sack to any of those others he faced.

According to PFF, Nijman had a 75.7 pass-blocking grade in 2018, allowed just 12 total pressures (10 hurries, one hit, one sack) across his 334 pass-blocking snaps with Virginia Tech.

Here is some super geek stuff if anybody further interested on Yosh... and before you read any of it, consider Yosh Nijman was a FRESHMAN when this was written, starting LT (had over 1800 snaps at LT first 3 yrs there)... 2015:

https://www.thekeyplay.com/vir...-performance-against

I don't know. Just thinking our backup OT depth may not be as bad as we might have thought, especially if this kid starts developing.

https://twitter.com/vt_footbal...566588035073?lang=en

Last edited by Trophies

From someone called Coldworld on Cheesehead tv:  

The 28-year-old NFL veteran is a fullback with a six-pack. A fullback who's clocked a laser-timed 4.6 40-Yard Dash at nearly 250 pounds. A fullback who holds the NFL Combine record for Bench Press reps at his position. A fullback who can block clean nearly 450 pounds.” Stack.com

Primarily a blocker in college and in the pros. He played a lot of special teams as well. Even as the starting fullback, not used much offensively on the ground or in the air.

RoyalWulff posted:

From someone called Coldworld on Cheesehead tv:  

The 28-year-old NFL veteran is a fullback with a six-pack. A fullback who's clocked a laser-timed 4.6 40-Yard Dash at nearly 250 pounds. A fullback who holds the NFL Combine record for Bench Press reps at his position. A fullback who can block clean nearly 450 pounds.” Stack.com

Primarily a blocker in college and in the pros. He played a lot of special teams as well. Even as the starting fullback, not used much offensively on the ground or in the air.

TEN signed a FB as a lead blocker last season when LaFleur was OC there. Derrick Henry went from off top of my head about 3.3 yds/carry before they signed him week 8, using TEs as H backs to block, to over 8 yds/carry after they signed this guy, can't recall his name, to finish 2018 season if I remember right.

Think LaFleur had bigger plans for FB Danny Vitale as part of the offense as both a runner and out of backfield as receiver, where he had a solid number of receiving yds at Northwestern. Avg around 350/year, close to 11 yds/per reception.

Good, old school FB.

Coldy knows his stuff....

Last edited by Trophies
Link copied to your clipboard.