Skip to main content

Wow that's crazy if true. Hard to believe though. He allowed a 44 passer rating as a rookie! 

If they're willing to get less than market value then give them a 1st and swap 2nds. That way we slide back what could be only ~a dozen spots to pick 33, give up a 2nd and get a potentially all pro slot CB! 

If nothing else, don't this fukker go to Dallas, Minny, or Seattle. I'm not worried if he goes to the AFC or some crap team like NYG, but he could improve any of our rivals defenses greatly. 

Last edited by Grave Digger

If it's actually true a second rounder might get Fitzpatrick 31 teams are actively interested. 

11th overall pick that outplayed his draft selection as a rookie. 22 years old. He wants to play slot corner. He's a PERFECT fit for Pettine. 

I don't buy Miami accepting a 2nd rounder for him though. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
ChilliJon posted:
Grave Digger posted:

Miami allowing Minkah Fitzpatrick to seek a trade. I’d throw a first at him in a heartbeat if we hadn’t just dropped a 1st on a Safety who can play multiple positions. I’d love to have Fitz in this defense though. He was the alpha dog on Bama defenses full of elite talent.

Considering Tramon is 36 and King is always at risk to miss time.... yeah, I'd throw a great offer at Miami for a 22 year old that can play outside or slot. 

You can NEVER have enough great DB's. 

The fact he was a first round pick coming out also gives you an extra year of control. All indications are that this guy has already demonstrated he can play in the NFL. Three years after this. You jump at this for a second rounder (with a 5th or so thrown in as well). You think hard about it for a first. 

Watch Belichick come out of this with him. 

From CBSSports

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/...r-the-dolphins-star/

Green Bay Packers

Green Bay might seem like an odd candidate considering they're less than a year removed from trading their own young safety, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, and are fresh off a promising performance from their young defense -- with up-and-comer Jaire Alexander headlining the CB room. But Mike Pettine is about the best coordinator you could find for Fitzpatrick, specializing in nickel and dime packages that could position the Dolphins standout as either a slot CB or third safety, the same kind of roles he'd find somewhere like Philly. Couple that with the fact the Packers may very well have drafted Fitzpatrick if not for Miami swiping him in 2018, and this is another example of a feasible match between a rising star and a team with big eyes for a playoff run.

Grave Digger posted:

Miami allowing Minkah Fitzpatrick to seek a trade. I’d throw a first at him in a heartbeat if we hadn’t just dropped a 1st on a Safety who can play multiple positions. I’d love to have Fitz in this defense though. He was the alpha dog on Bama defenses full of elite talent.

He was terrible in their first game.  I think he gave up three td's.

Dolphins had him play 4 positions. Randomly. Imagine Pettine asking Alexander to play slot, Outside, LB, and SS in the same game. Randomly. Randomly!?!?!?!?!?

If Alexander struggled he’d be blamed for having a terrible game on these peg boards? 

Miami is a grease fire. He wants out. I don’t blame him. But that kid is Micah Hyde versatile on a completely better level without the racism. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
ChilliJon posted:

Dolphins had him play 4 positions. Randomly. Imagine Pettine asking Alexander to play slot, Outside, LB, and SS in the same game. Randomly. Randomly!?!?!?!?!?

If Alexander struggled he’d be blamed for having a terrible game on these peg boards? 

Miami is a grease fire. He wants out. I don’t blame him. But that kid is Micah Hyde versatile on a completely better level. 

Minkah Fitzpatrick 4.46 in the 40

Micah Hyde 4.56 

RochNyFan posted:
Grave Digger posted:

He was terrible in their first game.  I think he gave up three td's.

As previously mentioned Miami really screwed him scheme wise. He's coming off a rookie season where he allowed a 44 QB rating. The kid can play and has an extremely bright future. 

MichiganPacker2 posted:
ChilliJon posted:

Miami is a grease fire. He wants out. I don’t blame him. But that kid is Micah Hyde versatile on a completely better level. 

Micah Hyde 4.56 

Damn near the same player....

I’m not advocating GB kills future draft equity. But let’s all be realistic. The chances of Kevin King riding to the locker room in a golf cart with a sling one of his shoulders are about the same as they aren’t. 

And if that happens and Minkah is playing somewhere in the NFC on a fair deal this place will unload on Gute for not adequately addressing the potential risk of losing King. Again. 

Gute went to the mat for Mack last year. He made the very best out of not getting that deal done this offseason. I’d be surprised if he isn’t an active player for Fitzpatrick. Again. Assuming Minkah is realistically available. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
ChilliJon posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:
ChilliJon posted:

Micah Hyde 4.56 

I’m not advocating GB kills future draft equity. But let’s all be realistic. The chances of Kevin King riding to the locker room in a golf cart with a sling one of his shoulders are about the same as they aren’t. 

And if that happens and Minkah is playing somewhere in the NFC on a fair deal this place will unload on Gute for not adequately addressing the potential risk of losing King. Again. 

Gute went to the mat for Mack last year. He made the very best out of not getting that deal done this offseason. I’d be surprised if he isn’t an active player for Fitzpatrick. Again. Assuming Minkah is realistically available. 

Same player?

When did Hyde ever have a season-long QB rating that low?

ChilliJon posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:
ChilliJon posted:

Micah Hyde 4.56 

Here are snap counts in the defensive backfield accord to acmepackingcompany.com for Week 1

Safeties

Adrian Amos 73, Darnell Savage 73

Both new safeties took every snap as well, recording three tackles apiece. Savage had a pass breakup and a tackle for loss. Meanwhile, Amos predicted a Bears playcall perfectly and picked off a Mitchell Trubisky pass to keep Chicago out of the end zone and drive a stake in the hearts of Bears fans.

Cornerbacks

Jaire Alexander 73, Tramon Williams 73, Kevin King 42, Tony Brown 27, Josh Jackson 3

The Packers rolled three cornerbacks for most of the game, staying primarily in dime with Greene as the inside linebacker. Alexander had five tackles and two pass defenses, while Williams had three tackles and a pair of his own PBUs. Kevin King had a breakup, five tackles, and a sack on Trubisky in an impressive start to his third season. Brown had five tackles as well.

The oldest DB in the league played every snap and Kevin King played 42. If they do trade for Minkah, it's not just for this year. They control his contract for three years after this with a very reasonable contract (about 5 million a year).  There are 54 defensive backs in the NFL right now with cap hits of more than 5 million.  

I'd definitely trade a first for FItzpatrick.  He still has 3 years on his rookie deal and a fifth year option so it's practically like drafting him in the first round, only his cap hit is even lower b/c the Dolphins already paid the $10m signing bonus, and the bust risk is low b/c we've already seen him play well in the NFL.  Do it Gute!

"They basically need to start building a moat of an OL around AR if they want him to stay healthy and perform at a high level for 16+ weeks a year."  

We've been saying that for the past few drafts and FA periods. Same with pass rushers. Gute seems to have found us some pass rushers, for now, and now we need Gute to look at some quality OL men sooner than later. I would have loved to see Quentin Nelson and Dalton Risner in Green and Gold. We wouldn't be having the conversation about protecting Rodgers, if both were on our team. 

Last edited by mrtundra

I guess there's a ton of interest across the league in Fitzpatrick.  I'm guessing somebody will give up a 1st rounder for him.  It's a good investment for most teams but he won't come cheap.  GB just needs to determine how much draft stock they want to put in the secondary. 

Agree that OL is a need... so is WR.  Tough call for Gute if he's truly interested in Fitzpatrick.  

Pakrz posted:

I guess there's a ton of interest across the league in Fitzpatrick.  I'm guessing somebody will give up a 1st rounder for him.  It's a good investment for most teams but he won't come cheap.  GB just needs to determine how much draft stock they want to put in the secondary. 

Agree that OL is a need... so is WR.  Tough call for Gute if he's truly interested in Fitzpatrick.  

The guy is as close to a sure thing as you can get at a good price because of his rookie contract.  That deal is definitely worth a first rounder.  And yes, I would do a first rounder and Jackson in a heartbeat.  Tony Brown is a great and all but we've been down that road before.  That would be a sick backfield.

Take advantage of the "Torch it for Tua" campaign.

Last edited by Henry
mrtundra posted:

"They basically need to start building a moat of an OL around AR if they want him to stay healthy and perform at a high level for 16+ weeks a year."  

We've been saying that for the past few drafts and FA periods. Same with pass rushers. Now Gute seems to have found us some pass rushers, for now, and now we need Gute to look at some quality OL men sooner than later. I would have loved to see Quentin Nelson and Dalton Risner in Green and Gold. We wouldn't be having the conversation about protecting Rodgers, if both were on our team. 

Jenkins and Madison should be upgrading Guard position soon.  Not next week soon, but next year soon.   That leaves replacing Bulaga as the immediate need.  

Schaap posted:
Pakrz posted:

What in the **** is going on in Miami?

Which leads me back to the discussion on NE's "success". How much of said success is related to 6 little words...

"Bills, Dolphins, Jets, twice per season."

Definitely helps with their W-L record the past 18 years but having cupcakes in your division doesn't get you to any Super Bowls. It might make the trip a little easier with HFA but you are a great team to have that kind of success. 

BrainDed posted:
Jenkins and Madison should be upgrading Guard position soon.  Not next week soon, but next year soon.   That leaves replacing Bulaga as the immediate need.  

They just signed the RG Billie Turner to a $28M deal over 4 years. He's going to be a round for a few years. Madison is a complete unknown that they are giving time to but I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone after next training camp.

Jenkins will be starting soon enough. He got a few series v. MN. He'll continue to get more as the season goes on.

PackerHawk posted:
Schaap posted:
Pakrz posted:

What in the **** is going on in Miami?

Which leads me back to the discussion on NE's "success". How much of said success is related to 6 little words...

"Bills, Dolphins, Jets, twice per season."

Definitely helps with their W-L record the past 18 years but having cupcakes in your division doesn't get you to any Super Bowls. It might make the trip a little easier with HFA but you are a great team to have that kind of success. 

Having Cupcakes is a huge help. It almost guarantees that you make the playoffs, play at home and get a bye.

That's 50% of the struggle to get to the Superbowl. Get to the playoffs, the bye is as good as a win, then win 2 more.

Still got to do it, but especially in the AFC during the past 20 years the teams in the AFCE and the AFC overall have been not to the level of the NFC IMO.

Link copied to your clipboard.