Skip to main content

We shouldn't forget about Geromino Allison either. Before getting hurt, he was really solidifying himself as the number 2 WR. In essentially 4 games, 20 catches, 303 yards receiving 2 TDs. He looked pretty damn good. 

In fact, had both he and Cobb stayed healthy, I really think Allison would have overtaken Cobb as the #2. 

I may have been one of the biggest Randall Cobb fans during his time with the Packers.  But, he cannot be counted upon to put together a full season without being injured anymore and if he is on the field you cannot invest big in a guy who has averaged 43.7 yards over his last 37 games.

But, I would be ok if they signed him to a prove it contract for say one year.  As Fandame said you need some veteran presence on a team.

The Heckler posted:

I may have been one of the biggest Randall Cobb fans during his time with the Packers.  But, he cannot be counted upon to put together a full season without being injured anymore and if he is on the field you cannot invest big in a guy who has averaged 43.7 yards over his last 37 games.

But, I would be ok if they signed him to a prove it contract for say one year.  As Fandame said you need some veteran presence on a team.

Although often injured, Cobb's had some great moments as a Packer:

- Rookie game 108 yd kickoff return; looked like nothing could stop him

- 2013 game-winner vs Bears to win the division

- 2018 game winner vs Bears to seal "The Comeback"

Hard to rationalize a big contract at this point but it's no wonder AR loves him.

The Saints are rumored to be a potential destination for Cobb as well. If you brought him in at something like 2 years and 8 million, he'd be a great investment for a playoff team. If you're the Pats, Saints, Rams, Chiefs, etc. you'd bring him in as your backup slot guy/third down receiver and give him 4-5 touches a game and he'll hold up better. He'd be a tremendous guy to make a couple of play to make a difference in the big games and the playoff games if he was healthy. 

The problem is that if he goes for the most money, he'll sign with a weaker team that may give him 8-10 million a year and then up his usage to try to justify the investment. He'll have some good games and then get dinged up and be just like he was for Green Bay the past few years. 

Last edited by MichiganPacker2
WolfPack posted:

if Patriots,Chiefs or Saints sign him he could really do some damage.

I agree especially if he hends up in NE. I am sure if he went their he suddenly be healthy again and perform at his old level.  That is just how it seems to work with the Pats.  

Other teams to watch out for because they have cap room to burn is Cleveland (and all of the GB connections) and the Jets who need offense badly.  Buffalo also is desperate for WR help but not sure if they have the cap room or if anyone would want to go there.

As for the Saints I think they are pretty close to right up on the cap so not sure about them but if you put him with Brees? look out.

MichiganPacker2 posted:

The Saints are rumored to be a potential destination for Cobb as well. If you brought him in at something like 2 years and 8 million, he'd be a great investment for a playoff team. If you're the Pats, Saints, Rams, Chiefs, etc. you'd bring him in as your backup slot guy/third down receiver and give him 4-5 touches a game and he'll hold up better. He'd be a tremendous guy to make a couple of play to make a difference in the big games and the playoff games if he was healthy. 

The problem is that if he goes for the most money, he'll sign with a weaker team that may give him 8-10 million a year and then up his usage to try to justify the investment. He'll have some good games and then get dinged up and be just like he was for Green Bay the past few years. 

He will likely command more like 2 years/12-15 million in my opinion. He still has some juice, I don't think he's worth the 12M cap number he carried in 2018 though. Under 8M is where he needs to be considering he still has some positives.

ammo posted:

What the hell is Jerry feeding those guys? 

They were just following in the footsteps of Greg Hardy who Jerry signed despite the fact he had been arrested for domestic violence previously. This was that story. Based on this, I don't think Jerry would hesitate to sign anyone for any reason (other than, oh never mind). 

On May 13, 2014 Greg Hardy attacked me in his apartment. Hardy picked me up and threw me in the tile tub area of his bathroom. I have bruises from head to toe, including head, neck, back, shoulders, arms, legs elbow and feet. Hardy pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He drug me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns. I landed on those weapons. Hardy bragged that all the assault rifles were loaded. Landing on those weapons bruised my neck and my back. Hardy screamed for his 'administrative assistant' (Sammy Curtis) to come into the room and hold me down. Curtis came into the room, grabbed me from behind and held me down. Hardy and Curtis then took me into the living room area. I wasn't nearly strong or fast enough to escape. I begged them to let me go & I wouldn't tell anyone what he did. They took me out into the hall, pushed me down & went back inside the apartment. I crawled to the elevator and ran into [Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department]. 

Any interest in Justin Houston since he's on the block? 40.1 cap hit over the next 2 years and then free agency. Had 9 sacks in 2018 and had a fine season overall (still a top 15 player at his position), but hasn't played a full season since 2014 and is 30 years old. Depends on what KC wants for him I guess. They need to offload his cap hit to afford Dee Ford's Franchise Tag, so it would seem they don't have much leverage. JAX got a 3rd and a 5th for Dante Fowler, who is younger and cheaper, but not nearly as good. Might take a 3rd straight up for Houston.

Link copied to your clipboard.