Skip to main content

Goalline posted:
Pakrz posted:

GB has some young talent there... Not saying they’re set, but there are other places on roster where there’s much less talent. 

Jaire Alexander. That’s it.

No.  King can play if he is healthy and Jackson is heading into year two.  GB has some good young talent there.  Now they just have to pan out. 

pkr_north posted:

- did I read 6 yr 84mill for collins...wtlf is going on here?

It's been a splendid silly season so far.

I'm expecting Packers to find some value style FA's & not engage in over-spending for less value. (Like the Redskins)

Let's see what happens on Wednesday.

Pakrz posted:
Goalline posted:
Pakrz posted:

GB has some young talent there... Not saying they’re set, but there are other places on roster where there’s much less talent. 

Jaire Alexander. That’s it.

No.  King can play if he is healthy and Jackson is heading into year two.  GB has some good young talent there.  Now they just have to pan out. 

King?  He's played 15 games in two seasons.

michiganjoe posted:

Really glad Gute is taking a measured approach. My guess is when looking back only about 20% of these first-day high-money moves will look good.

They really need a bit more quantity of solid, reliable players than super stars at this point.  Need to find super stars in the draft plain and simple.

Guys like Gipson sure would've been nice but it's crazy how the first couple of days just pushes these guys beyond reach contract wise.

Last edited by Henry

The last 2 days are like fantasy football.   According to Over The Cap Washington only had $9.9 million in cap space. How will they fit these new contracts in without gutting a good portion of the rest of the roster? 

Nobody is saying purely draft and develop.  They need a lot of bodies and there are capable players out there.  Find your Ryan Picketts' and plug them in with high draft picks.  We've seen young guys produce big time, more than enough to win a Super Bowl.

michiganjoe posted:

Really glad Gute is taking a measured approach. My guess is when looking back only about 20% of these first-day high-money moves will look good.

Same here.  Spending like a drunken sailor in free agency right off the start has not always been the way to win (Look at Daniel Snyderbrenners track record).  Gute is taking the smart approach by not getting sucked in to cap crippling contracts.  I think we need to sit back and watch him work and he will sign players that he thinks fits the system for cap friendly deals.

the fa talent this year though does not reflect the insane $ they are getting.  the  top notch talent get tagged.  so if you take them off the tag, then you pay big$ but you have a better chance of getting a game changer.  only time this happened recently, like in a while, is mack last year and they had to pay, but the guy is a game wrecker.  brown and bell, those guys ... are headcases, talented but will flame out or take the team down with them.  the other guys were all average to above (a little) - but Barr is not worth that $, collins not worth that $, mosely not worth that $...Foles maybe but only because of his position and he has hardware.  i guess it s draft and low-mid level fa guys for gb...seems like we are used as pawns for these guys to improve their own contracts with other teams.

Last edited by michiganjoe
YATittle posted:

Like it. Cut Perry now.

I agree and would be very happy to see it.  Please correct me if I am wrong but if they cut him don't they take on something like 10 to 12 Milion in dead cap money?

Chongo posted:

Dwight Schrute at his finest.

In their last three years, their major March signings can be broken down into seven bad signings and six good ones. While that number seems tenable, most of the bad deals were far more expensive than the good ones. For example, they paid out $47.725 million in guaranteed money in the deals that were deemed bad and just $8.625 million on the good ones.

While Ball remains the Packers’ contract negotiator, it’s clear that Gutekunst and his staff have wrestled away control of the decisions

Link copied to your clipboard.