Skip to main content

BrainDed posted:
NumberThree posted:

and Rodgers's two best friends whom he basically trusted the most with the ball and who always just knew where to be are now gone.

...and I say that's a good thing.  

1 - Lets get back to taking what the D gives us.  Not targeting your trusted guys no matter what. Let's get back to spreading the ball around. Once upon a time, there were many games where six, seven, eight, nine different guys caught passes. Lately, not so much.

2- The trusted guys were not getting separation.   I'm hopeful the youngsters will provide better targets. There's not a whole lot of old guys left now. It's Adams, maybe Graham, a year-off Geronimo, and a bunch of new guys. MLF has to scheme guys open and tell Rodgers to hit the open guy and not wait for just the old trustworthy guys. Going into their second years, ESB, MVS, Tonyan, yes, even Moore, should take a jump up and Rodgers needs to get them the ball.

Added to that for ya...

Geronimo Allison's one year deal with the Packers is worth $2.8 million and included a $750,000 signing bonus. Base salary of $1.45 million, up to $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses and a $100,000 workout bonus. He opted to sign that and stay with the Packers rather than wait to see if there were any restricted free agent offer sheets. If there weren't, he would've played on the $2.025 million low RFA tender that did not include any up front money.

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

One year prove-it deals are becoming more common. We shall see how MLF uses GA...he's shown flashes during his career but never really has been outstanding on a consistent basis. Time to see if he really has it and he was just hindered by the Route Tree Guru...

I don't think anything other than health has held Allison back. His catch % has improved every year and his production hasn't really been bad for a #4 WR. 

Through the first 4 games (he was injured in the 5th and only targeted once) of 2018 he was on pace of 116 targets at 66% success rate. He was looking at a 76 rec, 1100+ yard season. 

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
Last edited by Grave Digger
DocBenni posted:

Why do I feel like the pats will trade a 4th rounder and a half eaten burrito to move up in the draft and take a tight end that will eventually become another hall of fame player?

You're probably not too far off with this.  NE will end up with either of the Iowa boys or the Alabama kid and keep on trucking. 

Pakrz posted:
DocBenni posted:

Why do I feel like the pats will trade a 4th rounder and a half eaten burrito to move up in the draft and take a tight end that will eventually become another hall of fame player?

You're probably not too far off with this.  NE will end up with either of the Iowa boys or the Alabama kid and keep on trucking. 

For sure the Pats will try to trade ahead of the Pack at 30 to get one of those three. Guessing if Gutey really wants one of them at 30 he'll have to trade up a bit, cuz NE has enough draft picks to get ahead of the Pack at 30.

skully posted:
Pakrz posted:

Gronk to retire. What a great career. 

only 30 years old,  nine years in the league,  darn good player

Betcha he could tell you some  stories

Bet Aaron Hernandez has some stories too.

They can draft guys, but it still takes a special kind of guy who is willing to brutalize his body in the name of the game. Not a lot of Gronks out there willing to do that. Yet, there has been a lot of TEs who have been great TEs and had much longer careers than Gronk: Tony Gonzalez, Witten, Gates, Novacek, Sharpe, Newsome, etc. 

Floridarob posted:
skully posted:

I'd retire too, if  I  had a  smoke show, swimsuit model  waiting for me every nite.

https://www.sportsgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/MTYxNTM1MTkyMzcxMzA3ODIy/2.png

somebody, somewhere thinks she is a bitch. 

The hell with Beef, I'd hit that. 

He's done well since TT let him get away.

Billy boy tried hard to sign him away from the Saints to NE in a late push. Glad that didn't happen. I really don't think Bilicheat expected Gronk to actually hang it up. Nice to see him scrambling to find a replacement for a HOFer. 

Grave Digger posted:

Is Beef the poster who was looking for advice on whether it was okay to cheat on his wife? Or the best way to cheat on his wife? I can't remember. 

Close. He was convinced a waitress at Hooters wanted to have sex with him and he posted asking (rhetorically) if he should do it or not, even though he was married.

Interestingly enough, the same exact kind of thing happened to Leopold "Butters" Scotch at a place called Raisins in South Park, Colorodo.  

Last edited by Pistol GB

I like Boston. He was on my pre free agency wish list along with Preston Smith and ZaDarius Smith. It's weird with Boston though, it seems like he's a good player but can't seem to get away from one year deals from teams. Wonder why. 

Damn......one stinking year not as a Packer??  So thankful he was a Packer tho, just pissed he couldn’t have finished his career in Green Bay.   Have a good life Jordy and many thanks.  You’ll always be a Green Bay Packer. 

A wonderful career for Jordy and a smart move to turn the next page on his life. Wishing him all the best. 

Who knows, maybe we'll see him as a coach one day or in the broadcast booth. 

Link copied to your clipboard.