Skip to main content

Packdog posted:

Markus Jones was voted the national Defensive Player of the Year in Division II last season, and led the nation - all divisions - in tackles for loss with 34.5 (Next closest player in all divisions of CFB had 22) plus 17.5 sacks, 77 tackles, 13 QB hits, 3 FF, 1 FR and blocked 2 kicks on STs. He also won the Gene Upshaw Award. He's a DE who can readily with to OLB, and plays lights out on STs. 6-3 255. Markus led the nation as a Sophomore with 7 blocked kicks. Versatile...

The kid has a shot to crack this 53 man roster, especially if Oren Burks doesn't pull his head out of his a$$. Summers and Corbin are looking perfectly capable at ILB with Martinez, as advertised. Markus Jones is all hustle. Non-stop.

Great add by Gutey.

Last edited by Trophies

Ty Summers is more than that, Henry. The only other "Elite" athletic rating in both SPARQ and RAS besides Rashan Gary. Came from one of the most highly regarded defenses in all of college football at TCU. After filling in at DE for an injured starter early his senior season the opposing coach heaped a ton of praise on Summers:

Had more tackles than both Devin White and Devin Bush coming into the draft, and he's 3" taller than both while nearly as fast, great in coverage. Been carrying his water for a while, but I think he'll be special for us.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0

Who knows why they released him, but former Ravens scout Milt Hendrickson is our new Director of Football Operations and I'm sure he's got a good idea who this kid is. Worth taking a flyer on Markus Jones, a player with some pretty serious skills.

I wonder why they let a player like that go too, heyward. Can't find a single thing on it. I mean, nothing...

oldschool posted:
Henry posted:

It's August 2nd.

I get the feeling Ty Summers is the new Vanillaface RunFastGuy.

I also remember in the early days here...you were Butterface halfassedwittyGuy.

And look how that turned out.

#pleaselikeme

You have to look up when addressing me.  The pedestal is that high.  Feel free to keep bringing it Elizabeth.  This is your "A" game.  I'm on auto pilot right now.

Last edited by Henry
Henry posted:

Nothing wrong with looking at potential but lets not call guys starters or even making the regular roster on August 2nd.  All of these guys are excellent athletes but the reality is many can't make the transition to the pros.  Just the way it is.

Oh, thanks for the schooling, Henry... Jesus F. So, you switched to Autopilot now? Guess it was the only way for that Idiot Airlines plane to correct itself from its deadly tailspin.

Trophies posted:
Henry posted:

Nothing wrong with looking at potential but lets not call guys starters or even making the regular roster on August 2nd.  All of these guys are excellent athletes but the reality is many can't make the transition to the pros.  Just the way it is.

Oh, thanks for the schooling, Henry... Jesus F. So, you switched to Autopilot now? Guess it was the only way for that Idiot Airlines plane to correct itself from its deadly tailspin.

So touchy.  Second time you’ve had a hissy about a legit observation.  Trollin’ Trollin’ Trollin’, keep that butthurt flowin’. 

Packdog posted:
heyward posted:

And yet Markus Jones was cut by the Ravens on Aug. 1. Go figure.

Sloppy seconds from top rated defense. As a Packer fan, will take it at this point

I agree with this statement.  If you’re going to take a flyer on a guy at the bottom of the roster I’d say the Ravens camp is a good place to look.  

Could you imagine a combo of TT and Ozzie in the same FO in their primes?  I bet the Pats have a few less rings. 

Last edited by Henry

The thing I'm 'seeing' is GutenChrist is bringing speed to the team.
Of course, that's no guarantee of success, but most of these guys can fly.

Also, it seems to me that he's not bringing slugs into camp. These guys seem to have solid experience, skills, and can play football. 

In any case, I love the excitement this time of year. It's always fun to see rookies trying to make the team, the surprises at cut-down, and this year we get to see how our new coaches develop, and what they can make out of their individual units.

Trophies posted:

Ty Summers is more than that, Henry. The only other "Elite" athletic rating in both SPARQ and RAS besides Rashan Gary. Came from one of the most highly regarded defenses in all of college football at TCU. After filling in at DE for an injured starter early his senior season the opposing coach heaped a ton of praise on Summers:

Had more tackles than both Devin White and Devin Bush coming into the draft, and he's 3" taller than both while nearly as fast, great in coverage. Been carrying his water for a while, but I think he'll be special for us.

The nock on Summers coming out of college was that he is horrible in pass coverage.

Link copied to your clipboard.