Skip to main content

Grave Digger posted:
PackerHawk posted:

The Browns have become the team that I expected the Raiders to be. They are 110% dysfunctional. Can their HC survive the season? 

I don't think CLE really has a HC honestly. Mayfield seems more like the HC than Kitchens. Again they remind me of the early 2000's Packers. Sugar Bear just couldn't reign in his QB and wasn't a strong presence as a HC. 

Don't you mean 1999 and Ray Rhodes? 

Trubisky doesn't have the arm talent that Baker has. I see Trubisky as an Alex Smith type. If he has a strong running game & defense, you can win games with him. He'll never be the guy that can put the team on his shoulders & win a playoff game for you. 

Although I admit he had a nice drive vs. Philly in January to win a playoff game. Their kicker just screwed it all up. 

Boris posted:

Trubisky doesn't have the arm talent that Baker has. I see Trubisky as an Alex Smith type. If he has a strong running game & defense, you can win games with him. He'll never be the guy that can put the team on his shoulders & win a playoff game for you. 

Although I admit he had a nice drive vs. Philly in January to win a playoff game. Their kicker just screwed it all up. 

Trubisky can’t manage a game, he’s just not efficient at all. He’s smart enough to execute designed timing plays, but when he has to to think, gets his timing interrupted, or has to read coverage he just can’t handle it. Nagy and Trube caught a lot of teams off guard with that scheme...teams were too worried about where all the moving parts were going to think about pressuring him. Now that they know the play will live and die by Trube’s brain, theyre going after him. Their GM doomed him from the start because of where he took him, what he gave up to get him, and who he passed on to take him. Their scouting department absolutely blew it with evaluating him. 

Another thing a great QB needs is creativity. Rodgers is able to create something out of nothing when a play goes south. Trubisky, and many others with good arms, just can't think beyond where guys should be, and they fall apart when the pattern falls apart. It takes the ability to "think beyond" that separates the very successful from the meh.

Link copied to your clipboard.