Skip to main content

Blair Kiel posted:

Charles Woodson says, “Bite me, Fedya”.

I didn't mean to imply that the FAs Gutekunst signed are stiffs; just that a lot of people think, "Ooh, shiny free agents!", especially after the Thompson era of signing relatively few.  Sometimes, sadly, the FAs turn out not to be so shiny (Martellus Bennett, anyone?).

Grave Digger posted:

Quoting the biggest homer in Twitter history achieves  exactly what? Dude has no credibility.

FLPACKER posted:

For what it is worth, every independent rating group that claims to review every player in every play, has the Smiths rated significantly higher than both Matthews & Perry. 

Preston Smith has played 16 games every year he's been in the league. Zadarius Smith also played 16 games last year. They are both 26. 

Nick Perry has averaged under 12 games a year for his career and he's 29. CM3 was a great Packer and he'll still make a big impact for the Rams in a few games, but he's got huge mileage and is now 33. If you knew he was going to be healthy, CM3 is still by far the best player of these 4, but he's a situational pass rusher at this point. CM3 ended up getting what was essentially a 1 year, 5.5 million dollar contract with the Rams. He probably wouldn't have signed that with the Packers. I'd love to have him at that level. 

https://theramswire.usatoday.c...e-salary-guaranteed/

The Smiths might not end up being superstars (Fedya's comments about shiny free agents), but if they end up being above average starters that are available every week it will really solidify the defense. They may have overpaid, but the Packers needed these types of guys at LB and Safety after years of questionable draft picks and injury-riddled seasons from the vets. 

IDK, does not seem to have the bend around the edge that he once had. Most of his sacks now are "hustle sacks", he rarely beats OTs cleanly. He may get a couple by QBs running away from Donald and into Clay's arms, but if you insinuating that he'll get sacks because Donald will be doubled and he will get single blockers, I don't see it, I saw LT's stoning him one on one pretty regularly last season. 

Goalline posted:
Grave Digger posted:

Quoting the biggest homer in Twitter history achieves  exactly what? Dude has no credibility.

It’s just an opinion I agree with with no subtext? 

Grave Digger posted:
Goalline posted:
Grave Digger posted:

It’s just an opinion I agree with with no subtext? 

Very well, but I guarantee you he had both players in the hall of game last year when they were with the Packers. Packers Twitter is the worst.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.