Skip to main content

I think I’d try to unload Spriggs on another team. Probably not possible, at least not right now. But maybe during preseason with some other teams’ injuries.  Or maybe someone thinks the ol’ “new scenery, new results” mantra.  Probably not.

Glad the traded up to jump in front of the Bears who were “rumored” to want Spriggs.  Instead, they got Cody Whitehair. Bears win that one.

I really don't want to do the arithmetic on all the teams, but the Packers could easily have the tallest WR corp in the NFL, and it's likely a prescription for failure. They're always talking about some tall WR doing what the Patriots/Steelers/etc. smurfs have done to gather all those Super Bowl rings. I was right years and years ago. It's impossible. The dummies in GB have ruined the careers of two of the greatest QB's the NFL has ever seen. The two SB's GB has won in their "they gotta be tall" WR era, had two WR's who were major in the SB wins who were under 6': Jennings and Howard.

So this year they will probably try a 6'5" returner. Innovation in Idiotsville. 

Cue, it's because Brady is throwing the Edelman. Which SB did they win when Brady was throwing to Moss? 

Smurf WR's dominate the primetime NFL; smurf WR's have almost all of the SB rings in the 21st century; WR's over 6' have very few, and it's for a physical reason: the slow, fat, uncoordinated slugs can't get open enough, and a 5'9" CB can easily out jump them on jump balls. Minitron has rings; Megatron and Moss don't.

Best WR Rodgers has ever had: DeSean Jackson. 

EQ and MVS aren't slow or fat.  None of them are really.

Sorry the game is ruined for you Johnny, but the NFL has changed.  They hardly wear pads anymore and smurfs are first to get hurt.

Good hearing from you again though (not being snide it's been a while since you posted).

P.S.  Trevor Davis is the returner.

Last edited by Pistol GB

I don't understand the narrative but it makes me laugh every time I read it. 😆

Johnny Z = 5'5" WR who no team in the NFL wanted in the 70's?

Moss & Megatron didn't win Super Bowls because they didn't play with Favre or Rodgers.

Is Larry Fitzgerald a big fat slob?

Last edited by Boris
Boris posted:

I don't understand the narrative but it makes me laugh every time I read it. 😆

Johnny Z = 5'5" WR who no team in the NFL wanted in the 70's?

Moss & Megatron didn't win Super Bowls because they didn't play with Favre or Rodgers.

Is Larry Fitzgerald a big fat slob?

Larry Fitz? Another fat slug without a Super Bowl ring.

Friend in DePere that knows things tells me J’mon Moore will be the surprise this year. He also said Josh Jackson and Josh Jones will be leaving soon. Neither is fully invested. 

I've already been beating the j'mon drum.  Toughest skill to develop is route running and he already excels there.    He struggled with the read-and-adjust routes in MM'S O.  Now he and MLF need to get him locked in on the new O.

But the new FO is going to have a hard time cutting a 2nd rounder from just a year ago.

Last edited by DH13
Goalline posted:
michiganjoe posted:

Didn't know Taiwan Deal was trying out.

He’ll pull a hammy getting off the plane.

WR Allen Lazard is not a rookie. He played at the end of last season for the Packers.

I'll just put this here from SI:

I’m arguing the Packers improved the most this offseason because they’ve undertaken a much-needed culture overhaul. Mike McCarthy’s coaching was stale and he had lost control of the team. Aaron Rodgers was changing many of McCarthy’s play calls at the line of scrimmage, the offense stalled without a consistent veteran threat Rodgers could rely on and the defense lacked the talent to keep the team alive.

By firing McCarthy and hiring Matt LaFleur, the Packers are starting fresh—and anything is better then the mess they became last season when they lost to a 2-9 Arizona Cardinals team, in cold weather, at home. Green Bay has also addressed the weaknesses in its defense with the additions of pass rushers Zadarius Smith and Preston Smith, and safety Adrian Amos. The free agent signings marked a departure from the thrifty free agent budgeting of previous GM Ted Thompson. In the draft, Green Bay focused on defense again in the first round with Michigan defensive end Rashan Gary and Maryland safety Darnell Savage, and later added a pass catching threat in tight end Jace Sternberger. So the team has an improved defense paired with a revamped offense. If Rodgers buys into the system, Green Bay will return to form.

Johnny Z posted:

I really don't want to do the arithmetic on all the teams, but the Packers could easily have the tallest WR corp in the NFL, and it's likely a prescription for failure. was throwing to Moss? 

Smurf WR's dominate the primetime NFL; smurf WR's have almost all of the SB rings in the 21st century; WR's over 6' have very few, and it's for a physical reason: the slow, fat, uncoordinated slugs can't get open enough, and a 5'9" CB can easily out jump them on jump balls. Minitron has rings; Megatron and Moss don't.

Best WR Rodgers has ever had: DeSean Jackson. 

Clearly you don't want to do the arithmetic, because holy crap, that would point out that pulling things out of your ass isn't a great plan.

3 of the top 4 receivers for 2018 NE >6'1"

4 of the top 4 receivers for 2017 Eagles >6'

3 of the top 4 receivers for 2016 NE >6'1"

2 of the top 4 receivers for 2015 Den >6'3"

3 of the top 4 receivers for 2014 NE >6'3"

Need I keep going?  

YATittle posted:

Another example of lazy journalism.  I think I will announce I will retire and see how long it takes for me to end up on someones soon to retire list.  Maybe lazy journalism will be a good retirement past time - but only if someone pays me for it.   

Ghost of Lambeau posted: 

Here are a couple prototypes.  Joey Clark & Lou (the toe) Groza

FK-PS-Joey Clark  FK-Lou-Groza

I don't know about the "short" requirement though.  

Apologies in advance; I can't help myself. 

Apparently, when Tom Dempsey played for the Saints, he was tagged with the nickname "Sofa" for obvious reasons. He promised his coaches he was was going to lose weight and report to camp next year in shape, and told them they were going to have to change his nickname to "Loveseat"! 

ChilliJon posted:

Friend in DePere that knows things tells me J’mon Moore will be the surprise this year. He also said Josh Jackson and Josh Jones will be leaving soon. Neither is fully invested. 

What's up with Josh Jackson?

DH13 posted:

I've already been beating the j'mon drum.  Toughest skill to develop is route running and he already excels there.    He struggled with the read-and-adjust routes in MM'S O.  Now he and MLF need to get him locked in on the new O.

But the new FO is going to have a hard time cutting a 2nd rounder from just a year ago.

I just want him to catch the ****ing ball.

The Josh Jackson thing, I hope GooeyChews learned not to hang onto turds any longer than necessary.  They don't have the luxury of depth in the backfield.

El-Ka-Bong posted:

Check out the volume in those cups. Either the fans are getting screwed on their beer or he spilled a 1/3 of the cup getting to his seat.

Only reason I noticed is because I hate it when I buy a beer anywhere and only get a partial glass.

El-Ka-Bong posted:

Amateurs. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.