Skip to main content

vitaflo posted:
NumberThree posted:

3 NFCC games in the last 6 years: 2 embarrassments and 1 meltdown. The NFCC is basically a meme for this team now.

I'll take an NFCCG every other year.  That's a hell of a lot more than any other team in our division has accomplished.

49ers are the real deal. It happens.  Given the expectations this year, I'm not sure I'm going to go home crying.

13-3 and a NFCC game appearance for a 1st year coach.   On a team that has nothing behind Adams at WR and, excluding Clark, a horrific middle of the D.  

Gutes made some great moves and a couple head scratchers.    We are one or two good offseason away from being SuperBowl worthy.  

Great year. 

Tschmack posted:

3 championship games in 6 years doesnโ€™t mean shit.  I like how 2011 was left out.  Why? 

In the end either you advance or you donโ€™t.  Donโ€™t is the operative word with this team. 

In the end, you either get it, or you donโ€™t. You clearly donโ€™t. So I will explain it to you.

We were 6-9-1 last year, and 7-9 the year before. We had a team with very little, talent wise. The new regime had to start basically from scratch. In the first year of the Gutekunst-LaFleur partnership, theyโ€™re going to go 14-4. 

If you canโ€™t get past your Chicken Little-level of bullshit and see that this team is on the right track, you need to get some perspective. 

lambeausouth posted:
Tschmack posted:

3 championship games in 6 years doesnโ€™t mean shit.  I like how 2011 was left out.  Why? 

In the end either you advance or you donโ€™t.  Donโ€™t is the operative word with this team. 

In the end, you either get it, or you donโ€™t. You clearly donโ€™t. So I will explain it to you.

We were 6-9-1 last year, and 7-9 the year before. We had a team with very little, talent wise. The new regime had to start basically from scratch. In the first year of the Gutekunst-LaFleur partnership, theyโ€™re going to go 14-4. 

If you canโ€™t get past your Chicken Little-level of bullshit and see that this team is on the right track, you need to get some perspective. 

Funny, I sort of agree with both of you.

I think the team made great progress in 2019 under MLF and Gutey.

I also agree that the Pack's 3 championship and other playoff appearances since 20111 don't mean shit.

The Packers have some serious work to do if they want to be serious Super Bowl contenders in 2020.

The better team won. 

Still proud of being a fan after the success this year. The fact they fought back to make a little interesting (two score game) was a great sign, too. 

Only 3 major free agents to worry about - all well over 30 years old (Tramon, Bulaga, and Crosby). If that's it for those 3, they've been great Packers and all have Super Bowl rings. They've always been classy as well. 

Things are looking exponentially better than last year at this time. 

BrainDed posted:
vitaflo posted:
NumberThree posted:

3 NFCC games in the last 6 years: 2 embarrassments and 1 meltdown. The NFCC is basically a meme for this team now.

I'll take an NFCCG every other year.  That's a hell of a lot more than any other team in our division has accomplished.

49ers are the real deal. It happens.  Given the expectations this year, I'm not sure I'm going to go home crying.

13-3 and a NFCC game appearance for a 1st year coach.   On a team that has nothing behind Adams at WR and, excluding Clark, a horrific middle of the D.  

Gutes made some great moves and a couple head scratchers.    We are one or two good offseason away from being SuperBowl worthy.  

Great year. 

We're we wrong in extending Lowry?

Last edited by Packmeister
NumberThree posted:
Tschmack posted:

Good way to end the game Sherman with a Darren Sharper garbage time INT 

Packers have an important offseason.  Letโ€™s see what happens 

We do what we do.

This draft doesn't have much in terms of defensive help we can realistically get, nor is there much in FA. We're 2-3 draft classes away from a Super Bowl defense. What's Rodgers? 4 more years?

The dumb takes continue.  Look up Preston Smith, Zdarius Smith and Adrian Amos and get back to us.

NumberThree posted:
Tschmack posted:

We do what we do.

This draft doesn't have much in terms of defensive help we can realistically get, nor is there much in FA. We're 2-3 draft classes away from a Super Bowl defense. What's Rodgers? 4 more years?

You can't possibly be so negative in real life, can you?

It must be awful.

slowmo posted:
NumberThree posted:
Tschmack posted:

We do what we do.

The dumb takes continue.  Look up Preston Smith, Zdarius Smith and Adrian Amos and get back to us.

None of those guys line up in man coverage and cover the fastest receivers on the other team. Until we get a secondary, we either live by the pass rush, or die by the running and passing game.

None of those guys line up in man coverage and cover the fastest receivers on the other team. Until we get a secondary, we either live by the pass rush, or die by the running and passing game.

Yep, the fastest receivers beat us tonight.  It was our secondary's fault.  LOL! Clearly the point that a defense can be improved via Free Agency went way over your head.

Last edited by slowmo
Packmeister posted:
BrainDed posted:
vitaflo posted:
NumberThree posted:

Great year. 

We're we wrong in extending Lowry?

I think so.   Heโ€™s just a guy.  

slowmo posted:

Yep, the fastest receivers beat us tonight.  It was our secondary's fault.  LOL! Clearly the point that a defense can be improved via Free Agency went way over your head.

Because we don't have a secondary, we can only pass rush and hope that disrupts passing plays, which opens up the run game up the middle... which destroyed us.

Last edited by NumberThree
Link copied to your clipboard.