Skip to main content

BREAKING NEWS! The GB beat reporters at todays practice without Aaron Rodgers say it's the worst they've seen thus far in camp.... Just an ugly mashup of false starts, dropped passes, poor throws, bad timing. 

Rodgers back issues are officially a glaring concern. As is the QB room. Again. 

What am I missing with Kizer? He isn’t an NFL QB. He can’t win a game as a starter. **** his value for shedding Randall. Get him the **** gone. ASAP. Every day Kizer is the backup I worry if MLF has the stones to be a real HC. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
michiganjoe posted:

Is it back tightness? Or is it Rodgers not wanting to play preseason snaps because he hates playing in the preseason.

Whatever it is, I hate seeing other starting QBs playing each game for at least a series and show good progress with their starting core. I really don't want Week 1 and 2 to be "trying to get our timing down" games.

Last edited by NumberThree

Not me. I think Rodgers needs to have all the rust knocked off of him before the regular season begins.  I think he has to play at least a full series in each of the remaining preseason games or he won't be ready to face two division rivals back to back to start the regular season.

Last edited by mrtundra

I don't care how hard guys go in practice, nothing simulates games like game speed, even if it's the preseason. Gotta have some reps, even if it's two handoffs and a pass to the lady cancer survivor in the third row... 

This all goes back to him becoming vegan. Who ever heard of a vegan in Wisconsin? Isn't that outlined in the first line of the Wisconsin state constitution? "We the people of Wisconsin, in order to form a more perfect union, do hereby establish this constitution for the state of Wisconsin to denounce veganism, margarine, and ya know establish government stuff too." 

Pakrz posted:

When the OLB topic comes up, we all seem to gravitate towards the Smith brothers or Gary for discussion points.  The guy that had 10.5 sacks last year can play too.  

You really think so? I don't.

I cannot recall one instance when Frackrell beat the offensive line off the snap. Seemed everyone of his sacks was of the coverage variety and 6 of those 10.5 came against terrible offensive lines (Buff and Seattle).

And I'm not sure that I have ever seen a guy with 10.5 sacks have only 12 QB hits in a season and 12 TFL. 

Those 10.5 sacks were a fluke. 

AtTheMurph posted:
Pakrz posted:

When the OLB topic comes up, we all seem to gravitate towards the Smith brothers or Gary for discussion points.  The guy that had 10.5 sacks last year can play too.  

I cannot recall one instance when Frackrell beat the offensive line off the snap. Seemed everyone of his sacks was of the coverage variety and 6 of those 10.5 came against terrible offensive lines (Buff and Seattle).

And I'm not sure that I have ever seen a guy with 10.5 sacks have only 12 QB hits in a season and 12 TFL. 

I concur and hope the Gute doesn't go Brad Jones on him.

Now Tom Silverstein out with a piece saying MLF dropped the ball by not playing AR in the first preseason game. The hand-wringing about AR's preseason snaps at this point strikes me as more than a little excessive.

BTW, the Bears Matt Nagy has his starters playing...NOTHING. He's keeping them out virtually all of pre-season. He did the same thing last season. And the Bears also happened to be among the healthiest teams in the league last year too. Now, is there a link to both things? Maybe not. But it certainly didn't seem to slow the Bears down last year and it sounds like as long as Nagy is the HC, he's not changing his stance. 

To be fair to Fackrell, a lot of sack stats are skewed by games where they feast on bad OL. Aaron Donald had 4 sacks against SF and 3 against ARI in 2018. Not that I'm equating the two or diminishing Aaron Donald's production, I think Donald had an outrageous season.  In CM3's best statistical season almost half of his production came in 2 games where he faced Winston Justice and Demetris Bell, is that any more impressive than Fackrell dominating SEA and BUF? It's a slippery slope when you start getting hypercritical about how impressive 10.5 sacks really  is. 

michiganjoe posted:

Now Tom Silverstein out with a piece saying MLF dropped the ball by not playing AR in the first preseason game. The hand-wringing about AR's preseason snaps at this point strikes me as more than a little excessive.

Manufactured drama by the beat writers. It's the same as the supposed drama about their relationship. Gotta write about something I suppose...

Last year Rodgers played the fewest snaps (4) of his career for preseason. 

When the season started he didn't look like he needed more preseason game snaps. 

Last edited by H5
packerboi posted:

BTW, the Bears Matt Nagy has his starters playing...NOTHING. He's keeping them out virtually all of pre-season. He did the same thing last season. And the Bears also happened to be among the healthiest teams in the league last year too. Now, is there a link to both things? Maybe not. But it certainly didn't seem to slow the Bears down last year and it sounds like as long as Nagy is the HC, he's not changing his stance. 

I usually don't compliment anything the Bears do but I think they are smart to continue not playing starters during the preseason.  And I fully support the Packers if they won't play AR during the preseason no matter what the local beat writers seem to want to write about.

Hungry5 posted:

When the season started he didn't look like he needed more preseason game snaps. 

The only caveat being he and everyone is learning a new offense.

AtTheMurph posted:
Pakrz posted:

Watch again.   No fluke, dude made plays and deserves his credit.

https://youtu.be/7L8wiU-n21M?t=91

That move he put on Whitworth to sack Goff was pretty impressive. Whitworth a highly rated LT.

Fackrell was a breath of fresh air last year. Guy was looking like a sure bust and he adds strength and develops a nice array of rush moves. If he can be anywhere near that along with the Smith Bros we will be cooking with gas !! 

Last edited by Packdog

Fackrell did make some plays but needs to make them consistently and not just feed on bottom-feeders. I think that last year he was learning to put it all together and hopefully this year he ups his game another step or two or three. The punt block was a thing of beauty as he aimed for the foot and had the proper angle. He has come a long way from when he first put on a GBP uniform!

DH13 posted:
Hungry5 posted:

The only caveat being he and everyone is learning a new offense.

Understood, though I don't know if a dozen or so so vanilla preseason snaps will make that big of a difference. 

Last edited by michiganjoe

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.