Herb Waters - 6' 2" - beat out by the only smurf they signed 
Davante Adams -  6' 1" - a wee bit short, top-10 WR *
Trevor Davis - 6' 1" - too short, might make the team *
Teo Redding - 6' 1" - beat out by the only smurf they signed 
Jawill Davis 6' 1" - beat out by the only smurf they signed 
Keon Hatcher - 6' 1" - Keon Hatcher - 6' 1"
Kyle Lewis - 6'0" - beat out by the only smurf they signed 
Colby Pearson - 6' 0" - beat out by the only smurf they signed 
Darrius "David" Shepherd - 5' 9" - giant killer - might make the team.

So, they believe in tall WRs. I think it's down to these:

1. Allen Lazard - 6' 5" - will make the team - amazing upside 
2. Jake Kumerow - 6' 4" - will make the team - amazing upside 
3. Marquez Valdes-Scantling - 6' 4" - will make the team - amazing upside
4. Geronimo Allison - 6' 3" - will make the team  - amazing upside
5. Davante Adams -  6' 1" - a wee bit short, not much upside, but will probably make the team
bubble:
6. Trevor Davis - 6' 1" - too short, no upside, might make the team 
7. Darrius "David" Shepherd - 5' 9" - giant killer - no upside at all,  most likely will not make the team

Timmy! posted:

Whenever Kizer plays, I always have the feeling much like I did when Hundley played; every play has a 'panic' component, like a feeling of impending doom.
When Boyle plays, there's none of that. He's never going to be Aaron Rodgers, but I'd roll with him at backup QB before anyone else.
He's got poise and confidence that Kizer doesn't.

He looks a lot worse this year than last. Like he doesn’t understand the reads so he’s panicking. Boyle looked comfortable and has always thrown a better ball than Kizer. 

That battle concluded last night...

Music City posted:
Timmy! posted:

Whenever Kizer plays, I always have the feeling much like I did when Hundley played; every play has a 'panic' component, like a feeling of impending doom.
When Boyle plays, there's none of that. He's never going to be Aaron Rodgers, but I'd roll with him at backup QB before anyone else.
He's got poise and confidence that Kizer doesn't.

He looks a lot worse this year than last. Like he doesn’t understand the reads so he’s panicking. Boyle looked comfortable and has always thrown a better ball than Kizer. 

That battle concluded last night...

I hope so.

I'm praying.

Saw the famed second quarter today.

Boyle looked good.  Against backups. If he looked like that at all other times in the PS, I'd be OK with him at 2.  But he hasn't and the season starts in 2 weeks.

I think Davis may be a bit of fool's gold.  All his catches are contested or close to it which means he's not getting separation against 2nd and 3rd teamers.  Also seems a bit stiff for a fast guy.  Shep looks more athletic but could be a bit green vs. Davis.  tough call.

Cole Madison.  Everyone's rooting for him but really haven't heard much about him since camp started.  Based on a few online roster predictions, he's on the bubble.  He looks a bit slight to me for a G.  That is probably the result of not being in an nfl "nutrition" program for a year.  He doesn't embarrass himself but he needs to bulk up and develop a little more to be legit depth.  I don't know if he survives waivers if they want to PS squad him.  Good OL are tough to find.  Even prospect types.

Carson is Bradon Jackson.  With maybe a little more punch.  Tough call on him vs. shitbird.  I loved shitbird earlier on but his mental lapses could really sink him.

Gary looks like he's doing practice drills.  Also really looks the part but no production yet.  Hope he's not another Packer injury legend.

Last edited by DH13
Ghost of Lambeau posted:
Boris posted:

Pre-Season football is sooo bad. This product is just brutal. How can anyone actually pay money to go to these games??

I have a chance to go to next weeks game.  Should I go?  

Heck yes you should go, Ghost  at least you know what your getting at Lambeau 

the poor folks  some of who paid over $ 400 a ticket last nite in Winnipeg,  saw slashed ticket prices, and giveaways to bolster an embarrassing crowd,  announced at 21,990.   Thats kinda like going to a Rolling Stones concert, only to get the Stones at a sound-check, with the roadie filling in for Mick, and your annoying, guitar-playing neighbor sitting in for Keith, with wonky amplifiers.  The players who did play, god love um, they did their best,  jobs were at stake after all.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.