Skip to main content

GBFanForLife posted:

Too many effing night games and 3 division games to end the season 

But I think that that’s an NFL thing right? They’ve pushed rivalries to the end of the season to market more traditional and historical matchups with hopes that they’re more meaningful games in the playoff picture. 

The Heckler posted:

I had completely forgotten until this morning that the Packers are the last NFL team not to play in London.  I kind of hope it stays that way.

Why? It's not like it is ever going to be a home game. Playing an away game away from the home team is an advantage. Besides, our QB is dying to play at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

GBFanForLife posted:

The problem is that the Packers away games sell out and the teams don't want to give up that revenue

No kidding. Tried to buy Chargers tickets and they're gone if you don't buy season tickets. $500-$800 on Ticketmaster already.

The Heckler posted:
EaganPackFan posted:

If true, Denver is probably a Gold game.  I can't imagine the NFL putting the Packers on the road the first two games of the year.  Never say never though

They will wait until later in the year and put them on the road for three straight.  

The one game I am waiting on a date is the Redskins game.  My wife is a Deadskins fan and I have never been to Lambeau.  Yep grew up 20 minutes away and I have never been there.

The last time we won a Super Bowl...

Music City posted:
FLPACKER posted:

I always assumed it was because of weather, but looking at other outdoor stadium teams in similar climates that theory does not hold up. 

... and just I’m just guessing that folks buy more stuff when it’s warmer. 

I'm just one person, but my purchases have been when I thought it was going to be warm and it wasn't. I needed something warm on my head and off I went to the Pro Shop.

Oh, and I bought our tickets already. Sept. 22 against Denver. Not a good selection but if I wait too long (like, an extra 8 hours) the prices go up and the selection is even worse. Section 107 row 34. I knew I wouldn't be able to match last year's awesomeness, so I went with something affordable.

Last edited by QuietOne

I think beer sales drop off as the weather cools. The last two december games I attended I had zero interest in drinking a beer. Packer fans, experienced as they are, know that alcohol does NOT warm you up but instead increases heat loss. There's a threshold, maybe 40°F, below which I'm drinking something warm.

Music City posted:

It seems that the Packers simply don’t get a lot of home games in the second half anymore- why is that? 5 of the first seven at home... 4 of 5 on the road in the heart of the season... 2 road games to finish... they better come out firing on all cylinders, or they’re going to really have a helluva time. 

Honestly, I would think the NFL would schedule more home games in GB later in the season to showcase "The Frozen Tundra" that everybody likes to talk about.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.