Skip to main content

This is my new hope for the 2019 season.  The wins get weirder and uglier all the way to the Super Bowl so the entire league/fan base is apopletic about the 2019 Green Bay Packers having won the championship.  There would have to be a next gen to the next gen stats to try and explain their existence as champions.

Viva la Green Bay Anomolies!

Boris posted:

Yes some X4 posters too. Some posters are talking about "one & done" in the playoffs. That may happen. But the ridiculous statement that they're a "bad" 11-3

Boris posted:

Yes some X4 posters too. Some posters are talking about "one & done" in the playoffs. That may happen. But the ridiculous statement that they're a "bad" 11-3 team is complete effing garbage.

You are what you're record says you are. The Packers have earned an 11-3 record so far in the NFL. That ain't easy to do in ANY season. I am absolutely done with people that think this team is "lucky" or "they're not winning pretty"

Even the Packer players admit they aren’t winning pretty. They just haven’t had many convincing wins and that’s why many In the media as well as some fans are skeptical that they will make some noise in the playoffs. Regardless of what happens, you’re right that this season has been a huge success and there’s a lot to be optimistic about heading into 2020.

So if the Packers were pulling out all of the stops...trick plays, punt and kick returns, fluke defensive scores, last second wins, etc....and barely winning. That would seem more of the β€œthey aren’t as good as their record” kind of feeling. Fact that they have looked really good, looked really bad...consistently inconsistent...makes me feel as fan β€œwait till they put it all together”.

Get in the tournament. Anything is possible.  

That was a fun regular season. Tough to imagine this team going 13-3 after last year, but here we are.  They weren't all pretty, but a win is a win.

Rodgers seems to be struggling, but let's look at the positives: 

• We have a top-10 scoring defense for the first time since 2010. This defense is capable of making plays and winning games for us, even when the offense is off.
  • We arguably have top-5 players at both the RB and WR positions.
  • We are the healthiest we've ever been heading into the postseason in a long time - certain the healthiest playoff team during the Rodgers era.
  • We have excellent team chemistry. You can see that many of these players love each other. They love this team. I haven't seen chemistry like this on a Packers team in years.
  • We have a gritty bunch. We've had multiple games in which they were punched in the mouth and knocked down, but they answered the bell nearly every time. 

This isn't the most dominant team, but this team is solid all-around.  They consistently find a way to grind it out and win. I've sat back for years and watched numerous Patriots teams win in a similar fashion. Even though I often said to myself, "Yeah, but they didn't look that impressive," in the end, I admired their ability to consistently win. This year, I've been doing much of the same with this Packers team.

Give me three more ugly wins, and this will be one of my favorite Packers teams of all-time.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.