Skip to main content

Tschmack posted:

The roughing call on Rodgers in the EZ was pretty weak.  But the 2-3 missed intentional grounding plays near the end were as bad if not worse. 

What was the line in the game?  Packers by 5?  Officials might have action on this game the way they let Carolina extend their drive at the end of the game. 

I don't think the call was weak at all.   Put a diff announcing team in there and everyone would be saying it was fair.  You get one or two announcers going and everyone just piles on.   He could have avoided the hit.  Ref did his job.. Packer haters didn't like it.

bdplant posted:
Henry posted:
Packwarrior posted:

GB wins, but this D is not good. Definitely not championship worthy. A good QB and coach will gut us. Good night and great time for a bye week.

And everyone who liked this can fuck off too. 

Get over yourself. 

Thx bdplant. I am ignoring Henry as he is bona fide idot who foams at the mouth at the drop of a hat. We are all GB fans and homers, but most of us are objective and are able to see the short comings as well as the great things this team brings.

Packwarrior posted:

Thx bdplant. I am ignoring Henry as he is bona fide idot who foams at the mouth at the drop of a hat. We are all GB fans and homers, but most of us are objective and are able to see the short comings as well as the great things this team brings.

Laughable, "objective".  Go over your worthless posting history and then pull up the definition of "objective".  You're a fucking skidmark.  You could barely wait for the clock to run out to make your "proclamation".   You're the anti-homer you dumb mutt.

Last edited by Henry
Henry posted:

No, there's a difference you fuck.  Right after a win you whine like a

bdplant posted:
Henry posted:
Packwarrior posted:

GB wins, but this D is not good. Definitely not championship worthy. A good QB and coach will gut us. Good night and great time for a bye week.

And everyone who liked this can fuck off too. 

Get over yourself. 

I can keep this going all week.  Fuck off and everyone who liked this post can fuck off.

The Packers JUST win a game and you sad fucks immediately complain.  Then you call yourself a "homer" for being a whining pissant?  That isn't a homer that's a sniveling punk ass bitch. 

You're a sniveling punk ass bitch.  Own it because I'm going to make you wear it.

Oh yeah, McVince.  McVince.  McVince.

Fuck off.

You know what? Nothing Packerwarrior said was inaccurate, but you felt the need to hurl insults because he didnโ€™t break out the pom poms to celebrate the win. 

8-2 going into the bye is better than most of us expected, but this team has glaring weaknesses that would have been exposed today by any of the better teams in the league. Theyโ€™d better get that fixed soon or it will be an early playoff exit again...which is exactly what Packerwarrior said. 

Youโ€™re the guy who shows up at the party full of opinions and with an agenda to make sure everybody knows exactly how you stand on every issue. You may be right some of the time, but everybody finds you annoying, and thatโ€™s no way to go through life. 

Itโ€™s a GD football forum! Everybody has an opinion....thatโ€™s kinda what makes this whole thing work. Just because you donโ€™t agree with somebody, doesnโ€™t mean you need to be a dick about it. 

Grow up!

The snap counts on offense are interesting.  I don't know what MVS has done or hasn't done, or how he's practicing, but he only had 11 snaps.  He has done next to nothing over the last 6 games.  Rodgers keeps underthrowing him, too.

A. Jones and Williams had the same amount of snaps.  I understand trying to keep Aaron Jones fresh, but he is such an explosive player and difference maker that he needs to be on the field more.  LaFleur has moved away from featuring Jones in the passing game - not sure why.  Of course defenses will be on the lookout for it, but he still needs to be targeted.

Sternberger played a lot.  That's great - can't wait to see how he gets involved in the passing game over the final stretch.

LaFleur not going for it on 4th and 3 was Shermanesque.  I have no problem with going for the TD at the end of the first half.  Just needed a better playcall.

Packdog posted:
DH13 posted:

all gas, no f**** goals.

I would have kicked the FG, but can understand why LeFluffer went for it. Got no problem with the decision or strategy to bury the muthafukkkas !! 

I would have kicked the FG too, but I like being consistent with his all gas, no brake philosophy. It also is probably very popular with his offensive line - basically saying I believe in you. 

The problem was then you need to go for it on 4th and 3 at their 38 with about 2:42 left to keep that drive going. The risk you take is giving up 25 yards of field position if you don't convert. The Panthers were back to that yard line within 3 plays and still had 2 minutes left. Punting didn't do that much in terms of limiting the Panthers opportunities to tie the game since Carolina ran 6 plays from inside the Packers 13 yard line with a chance to get a potential tying TD (with the 2 point conversion). 

Put Rodgers in shotgun and let him do what he did against the Chiefs to ice that game. Even if you get stopped, they still have to go 62 yards. The risk/reward was very worth the gamble. 

Blair Kiel posted:

McCarthy would have punted.

Exactly. 

As did Mike Sherman in the 2003 Eagles playoff game (after being aggressive in the first half and having Ahman Green get stuffed for no points in the first half). 

Bill Belichick goes for it. If you have a HOF QB and a defense that gives up big chunks of yardage quickly and you have a chance to put the outcome in the HOF QB's hands, you go for it. Especially given that the relative risk was very low. 

I understand punting if your QB is Mitch Trubisky and you have the Bears defense. Even then, it might still be better to go for it. 

Understood the reasons for "going for it" (End of half) but if you're going to do that - have a better play call on tap, not one that even a casual fan knows is coming. Fake the handoff & roll Rodgers to the right where you can split off Lazard & Graham or have the option to waltz in since they were selling out to stop the running play. C'mon man....that play call sucked.

All that being said, I still would've kicked the 3 & as it turned out, that was the correct call in that situation. Because why? Because they would've been up 27-10 before the Panther got that last TD - 17 points is guaranteed 3 possessions. THAT's how big the 3 points was at the end of the half.

I'm glad it all worked out -- it's a learning experience.

Last edited by Boris
MichiganPacker2 posted:
Packdog posted:
DH13 posted:

all gas, no f**** goals.

I would have kicked the FG, but can understand why LeFluffer went for it. Got no problem with the decision or strategy to bury the muthafukkkas !! 

I would have kicked the FG too, but I like being consistent with his all gas, no brake philosophy. It also is probably very popular with his offensive line - basically saying I believe in you. 

The problem was then you need to go for it on 4th and 3 at their 38 with about 2:42 left to keep that drive going. The risk you take is giving up 25 yards of field position if you don't convert. The Panthers were back to that yard line within 3 plays and still had 2 minutes left. Punting didn't do that much in terms of limiting the Panthers opportunities to tie the game since Carolina ran 6 plays from inside the Packers 13 yard line with a chance to get a potential tying TD (with the 2 point conversion). 

Put Rodgers in shotgun and let him do what he did against the Chiefs to ice that game. Even if you get stopped, they still have to go 62 yards. The risk/reward was very worth the gamble. 

Great analysis. Thank you. And the comparison to the KC clincher is quite apt.

Boris posted:

Understood the reasons for "going for it" (End of half) but if you're going to do that - have a better play call on tap, not one that even a casual fan knows is coming. Fake the handoff & roll Rodgers to the right where you can split off Lazard & Graham or have the option to waltz in since they were selling out to stop the running play. C'mon man....that play call sucked.

Also need to have your top 2 skill players in the game there. Adams and Jones on the sideline even after a timeout is inexcusable. 

Last edited by PackerHawk

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.