Skip to main content

Hasn't been the same player since 2016, but with 8 sacks last season and just 27, he'll get some offers. 

4 Favre posted:

TE who used to be pretty awesome but is now old and washed? Seen that movie one too many times. Time to draft some big ol' midwestern farmhand with a folksy name.

Can't just plug him in is the problem.   A cheap Greg Olsen would be a good stopgap, one that hopefully they would treat as an actual stopgap. 

The problem with Graham was he was supposed to be more and they just wouldn't give up on him.  Jimmy G gone will be the best addition-by-subtraction this team has seen since Ha Ha Clinton-Whiffs.

Yes, the word cheap is important. I realize that the term is relative. But a cap wizard might be able to figure it out and pull it off. What I noticed in GB is that they are kinda loyal to the players they sign, even when they have outlived their value. 

Kind of a neat thing from ESPN about how various player signings would affect other players.  Click on the player and then the buttons that say which team the player will sign with.  Some of it pure bull like the Dolphins giving Jamis Winston a 4 year $128 million contract. Who would be stupid enough to do that.   One other interesting mention is Bulaga signing with the Browns.  

http://www.espn.com/espn/featu...&redirected=true

Last edited by ammo
Chongo posted:

Rumors floating Brady to the Cowpies to replace Slak.

I would pay a monthly fee to watch the drama between Captain Bieber Hair and McVince.

What drama? MM would create a new TV show, "Leave it to Brady," and go get himself a massage.

ammo posted:

Kind of a neat thing from ESPN about how various player signings would affect other players.  Click on the player and then the buttons that say which team the player will sign with.  Some of it pure bull like the Dolphins giving Jamis Winston a 4 year $128 million contract. Who would be stupid enough to do that.   One other interesting mention is Bulaga signing with the Browns.  

http://www.espn.com/espn/featu...&redirected=true

Any scenario with Austin Hooper in Green Bay works for me.  

skully posted:

Police: Nearly $200K seized from Jupiter spa Patriots ...

Monday nite football maybe going back to ABC                                                               https://www.sportsbusinessdail...Bodies/NFL-flex.aspx

I could see a format where a Sunday game is flexed to Monday night and shown on ABC and where the originally scheduled Monday Night game stays on ESPN.  I'm not sure how you switch a Monday game back to Sunday with travel, hotels,etc.  Easier to go forward than to go back. 

Timpranillo posted:

Any scenario with Austin Hooper in Green Bay works for me.  

I like the idea of Hooper too, but in the end, until the offense emphasizes TE's, I'd rather upgrade other places

Probably Tampa or Miami bound? Arians + Rivers would be a historically good show of shit talking and freak outs. They would either be dominant together or get in a fist fight in the parking lot. 

Slobknocker posted:

Mack to Washington for #2 overall

Plus both of the 2s, and a future1st, WOW that would be a monster if 

Along with Mack, the Bears would also likely have to include their two 2nd rounders and probably two future 1sts in 2021 and 2022 .

That may be the most batshit crazy fucking trade ever.  That's Ricky Williams bad.  That's Herschel Walker bad.

Why not just wait until they tank next year then they don't have to waste so much capital on drafting  those guys they mistake as QBs?

We all know Tardblarsky is horrible but it would be absolutely priceless if the Packers picked him up as a reserve and all of sudden he learned to play QB while benching for Rodgers.

Last edited by Henry

It would be fascinating to see if that ends up happening (Bears trade).  As good as Tua looks, I don't know if he's a true franchise QB even if he is fully healthy which is of course a huge question mark.  There are things about him that remind one of Russell Wilson, but one thing I do not think he has is Wilson's natural and exceptional ability to avoid sacks and extend plays.

Henry posted:
Slobknocker posted:

Mack to Washington for #2 overall

Plus both of the 2s, and a future1st, WOW that would be a monster if 

Along with Mack, the Bears would also likely have to include their two 2nd rounders and probably two future 1sts in 2021 and 2022 .

That may be the most batshit crazy fucking trade ever.  That's Ricky Williams bad.  That's Herschel Walker bad.

That's John Hadl bad.  

I was having trouble even envisioning the Mack for #2 scenario. There just ain't no way he's that good. Not even close.
Throwing in both 2nd round picks this year made it a little more plausible, at least for Washington. 
But two future 1st round picks in succeeding years? I'm sure Snyder would love it, but that's just crazy talk.

Matt Nagy is becoming the new Brad Childress. Maybe was a good coach at one time, but turned into a joke by the dogshit franchise he works for. I’m expecting this time next year the Bears will have a new HC, QB and probably GM in place. 

skully posted:

Police: Nearly $200K seized from Jupiter spa Patriots ...

Monday nite football maybe going back to ABC                                                               https://www.sportsbusinessdail...Bodies/NFL-flex.aspx

Will the NFL flex all games scheduled for Thursday nights to Sunday night or Monday night?

Link copied to your clipboard.