Skip to main content

Clay might be effective with a limited number of snaps...maybe the #4 OLB behind the Smiffs and Gary. Rashan played in 24% of the defensive snaps last year.That's obviously going to increase as he will be making a big jump in becoming the next Richard Seymour, and Pettine hopefully learned you can't give the Smith Bros so many muthafuggin snaps. 

Last edited by Packdog
skully posted:
Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

The #Rams are releasing face of the franchise RB Todd Gurley, source says, before $10.5M becomes fully guaranteed on his contract.

That should tell you all you need to know about big running back contracts, although you could point to Zeke's contract as a counter argument. We'll see if the Cowboys made the right move last year, or not.

Link

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is signing with the Dallas Cowboys, according to the agency that represents him. Clinton-Dix will be reunited with head coach Mike McCarthy, who the safety played for from 2014-2018. NFL Network's Jane Slater reports that the deal is for one year and $4 million, including $2.5 million guaranteed.

Last edited by michiganjoe
YATittle posted:

Vitale disappointed me last year....

There were times MLF did him no favors in the way he was used either. He was a pretty decent pass catching FB. I would have liked to see more of that, especially when dudes like G-Mo and MVS couldn't catch colds or hang on to the fucking ball. 

GBFanForLife posted:

Because Belicheat is the greatest coaxh ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Patriots version 2.0 it will be interesting to see how BB "enhances" his winning advantage.  

Packmeister posted:
skully posted:
Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

The #Rams are releasing face of the franchise RB Todd Gurley, source says, before $10.5M becomes fully guaranteed on his contract.

That should tell you all you need to know about big running back contracts, although you could point to Zeke's contract as a counter argument. We'll see if the Cowboys made the right move last year, or not.

He has an arthritic knee.  He's just not the same player.  Not even close.

Grave Digger posted:

I think Wagner's dropoff in production is as simple as going from a zone blocking scheme in Baltimore under Kubiak/Trestman to a power/man scheme in Detroit to a botched conversion to zone scheme in Detroit.....snip

Agree...and somehow I have to believe having David Blough and Jeff Driskell at QB has an overall impact on how guys play. 

Pretty sure Milt knows what Wagner is capable of. Low risk signing. 

Per Zach Kruse tweet:

The Lions are paying more on the cap for Rick Wagner ($5,800,000 dead money) than the Packers ($4,812,500) in 2020."

Last edited by Packdog
Chongo posted:

When that was written, 12 days ago, Robby thought he would be banking 12-14 million. Now what, 6 days since teams could legally contact FA’s to sign, crickets for him. 

I am sure the Packers remain interested. But not at the price he thought he’d get. Now the question is, how far has he dropped his asking price ? 

I’ll say this. He’s a much more attractive signing at say, 8 million a year. I just don’t know if Anderson is there yet. 

just my 5 cents worth, with a draft so rich in receiving talent that a half-dozen or more wide-outs could be taken in the first round and several others projected as day two picks, many teams are more likely to opt for cheaper rookies than spending money on veterans.

michiganjoe posted:

I suspect the same thing happened with Sanders that I think happened with Hooper- Gutey had a number in mind and both became too expensive.  

I'm ok with losing out  on Sanders for $8 mil/yr.

skully posted:

just my 5 cents worth, with a draft so rich in receiving talent that a half-dozen or more wide-outs could be taken in the first round and several others projected as day two picks, many teams are more likely to opt for cheaper rookies than spending money on veterans.

If they go in to camp with Adams being the only proven NFL receiving threat across both WR and TE that would be a massive failure IMO. 

Timpranillo posted:
skully posted:

If they go in to camp with Adams being the only proven NFL receiving threat across both WR and TE that would be a massive failure IMO. 

100% agree. Though I still think MVS and Lazard have a place in this offense, a playmaking veteran opposite Adams makes all of them better by sliding them down the depth chart. Can’t go into next season with what they have plus a rookie or two- no way. 

The Packers have addressed two need positions- RT and MLB, but I kinda felt C is a need position and there’s another ILB position to fill, too. Is Burks ever going to see the field? 

Packers could be targeting Tyler Biadasz, and that would be OK by me. Dude would be a big time upgrade IMO... 

Last edited by Music City
Timpranillo posted:
skully posted:

I have a hunch they will be looking at the draft primarily for help, but they will be combing the FA class after camp for a veteran addition. Teams are going to be bulking up on talented rookies and dumping expensive vets, so there realistically could be some really nice vets available. With the draft so deep I don’t think UFA’s have much leverage now, so they’re waiting it out. If Gute is planning to add to this group, the fact that he didn’t pounce on top guys who have so little leverage now means he wants to add in the draft. Missing out on tools and overpaying for guys like Robby Anderson would also be a failure. 

I think EQSB might show something this year. Guess we'll see.....

However, unless MVS is better this year.....the Pack flat out needs 1 really good WR opposite Adams. Whether that's via FA or the draft....IDGAF -- just get it done GuteFather

Don't underestimate the fact the Pack now has a new WR coach. The coach last year was simply collecting a paycheck. 

Last edited by Boris
Link copied to your clipboard.