Skip to main content

@DurangoDoug posted:

Mack is on the PS. I believe the Pack is keeping the one opening on the 53 until after game one when they can add a veteran without having to guarantee his salary for the year.

So the ESPN reporter is wrong?

All reports I had seen said Mack filled the last spot on the 53. Then, I went to Packers.com and see they put Mack  and Dexter Williams on the PS and released Crockett and Light. 

Last edited by mrtundra

I could give two fling flangin' fucks if Mack is on the 53 or PS.  I want to know if they'll be bringing in some rotational beef at DT.

Mack is a 5th rounder that hasn't shown anything yet.  

Last edited by Henry
@Henry posted:

I could give two fling flangin' fucks if Mack is on the 53 or PS.  I want to know if they'll be bringing in some rotational beef at DT.

Thank you sir!

@Henry posted:

Mack will be on both the PS and the 53 so we're going to need more than 2 flangin fucks. He might be activated tomorrow in time to knock Bradbury's dick in the dirt. Then he goes back to PS and the lower paycheck that comes with it.

Did you see his college cut ups ? There's one of him blasting Elgton Jenkins. 
Mack has some serious mass and serious get off. We'll see if that works in NFL

https://twitter.com/AndyHerman.../1303906320907673602

IF the DT cavalry is coming, you can see their private jets arriving into GB.
The Packers aren't putting these guys on commercial flights with all of the great unwashed.  Mack was flown in from BALT last week, went through COVID cleansing, joined the team a few days later.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KGRB

@Satori posted:

Mack will be on both the PS and the 53 so we're going to need more than 2 flangin fucks. He might be activated tomorrow in time to knock Bradbury's dick in the dirt. Then he goes back to PS and the lower paycheck that comes with it.

Did you see his college cut ups ? There's one of him blasting Elgton Jenkins. 
Mack has some serious mass and serious get off. We'll see if that works in NFL

https://twitter.com/AndyHerman.../1303906320907673602

IF the DT cavalry is coming, you can see their private jets arriving into GB.
The Packers aren't putting these guys on commercial flights with all of the great unwashed.  Mack was flown in from BALT last week, went through COVID cleansing, joined the team a few days later.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KGRB

Gilbert Brown was also a bust until he wasn’t. Sometimes the right team does the trick.

mrtunda, new rules this year allow teams to have 53 regular players on the roster but 55 active on game day -- or, said another way, promoting 2 players temporarily from the Practice Squad.  So FB Lovett and OLB Galeai are the choices this week to add to the active roster.

mrtunda, new rules this year allow teams to have 53 regular players on the roster but 55 active on game day -- or, said another way, promoting 2 players temporarily from the Practice Squad.  So FB Lovett and OLB Galeai are the choices this week to add to the active roster.

Thanks, sshumer! I did not know about the new rule.

Boris, unfortunately no.  See following:  "The active roster, via the CBA, has been increased from 46 to 47. Also from the new CBA, a 48th player can be in uniform, if the team has eight offensive linemen in uniform."  More on all the new roster rules here:  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story...quad-injured-reserve

Last edited by sschumer - Packer Fan HoF'r

The Packers will likely catch a major break next week:

@packerboi posted:

The Packers will likely catch a major break next week:

We play the Lions next week- which is week 2.  The following week we play the Saints - in week 3.  

@Goalline posted:

Gilbert Brown was also a bust until he wasn’t. Sometimes the right team does the trick.

You were saying?

Mack, a second-year defensive lineman, was added to the practice squad last Thursday. He lasted just six days. The Packers were his fourth team since the start of August.

@YATittle posted:

They picked up that OT from San Diego State....

And Billy Winn.  Definitely has some experience.  Hasn't played in a game since 2016.  Could have more to do with familiarity with Pettine's defense.  Still, not much of a get but to be expected. 

$4M GUARANTEED is probably the issue. It’s always guaranteed $’s that is the issue, especially with GB. Tunsil’s deal was mostly guaranteed $’s, I would expect Bakh is pushing for a bigger deal with as much/more guarantees. 

Regardless, the fact that they’re arguing in the media about $4M means they’re super close and will reach a deal soon. I would expect Bakh, Jones and Linsley to be completed soon.

$4M GUARANTEED is probably the issue. It’s always guaranteed $’s that is the issue, especially with GB. Tunsil’s deal was mostly guaranteed $’s, I would expect Bakh is pushing for a bigger deal with as much/more guarantees. 

Regardless, the fact that they’re arguing in the media about $4M means they’re super close and will reach a deal soon. I would expect Bakh, Jones and Linsley to be completed soon.

The Packers aren't arguing in the media, the Packers don't say squat. An agent released that info in order to apply pressure on GB.

But the Packers don't really care what some dumbass team paid Tunsil. They'll make a competitive offer commensurate with Bakh's skills  (+ a little extra for his beer chugging talent) and they'll find a structure that helps the Packers out in exchange for mo' money now - the guarantee's as you noted above

Pretty sure Linsley will not be retained, I think that's part of why they brought in Justin Britt for a look- see. My guess is that the 2021 Center battle will be between Lucas Patrick, Hanson (not ready yet) and maybe a vet like Britt. Linsley is too expensive and too easily replaced to get a 3rd deal in GB.
Maybe Stepaniak is a C possibility too, he'll have a year to learn the offense

^ I think I just silent- killered, sorry bong-master

Last edited by Satori

They don’t care what any other LT makes, but whether they/we like it or not Tunsil and Texans set the market for franchise LTs. So they’re working from that no doubt. If Tunsil deserves 2/3 of his huge deal guaranteed then so does Bakh. 

Not sure on Linsley. They’re likely losing Wagner and Turner this offseason as cap casualties + Lane Taylor is a UFA, gotta pay for all these big contracts somehow, so they can’t ditch Linsley. Part of it is cap relief, part of it is that Turner just hasn’t done much to justify his contract and Wagner was certainly a 1 year rental unless he was amazing. Hard to see them ditching Linsley also, they seem to like him more than fans do. Probably Looking at Bakh, Patrick, Linsley, Runyan, Jenkins in 2021. That is unless Runyan bombs and Jenkins gets more chances at RT and bombs. 

Link copied to your clipboard.