Skip to main content

@PackerHawk posted:

For all the people that bitch about the prevent defense, this is a perfect example of why teams use it again and again. The "let's be aggressive" crowd would need to live with some really ugly results like this.

To be fair, there's a difference between needing to stop a Hail Mary, and needing to keep a team from driving 80 yards in the final two minutes.

A little off the subject but wondering on average how much a player makes if signed to the active roster from the practice squad?  I know all contracts are different but just wondering how much of a salary bump a player may make even if for only one game?  

Less than 9 games in only season or less than 2 accrued seasons - $8,400 per week (mostly rookies)

More than 2 accrued seasons - $12,000 per week

The minimum salary for an NFL player is $610,000 per year.  I'd imagine they sign contracts which stipulate their salaries should they be called up the the active squad.  So $610,000/17 = $36,000 per week minimum.

@Boris posted:

49'ers sign....Josh Rosen?!?!?!?

Does this mean they won't be trading for Kurt Cousins?

I don't think he's addicted to anything harsh -- it isn't coke or smack.

I think the guy likes to occasionally enjoy a beer or smoke a blunt -- problem is that's a "violation" according to the NFL.

Josh's thought on the NFL watching his every move, doesn't work for him. He's more interested in living his life than toeing the line & not sullying the shield.

Let me tell ya something.....Seattle was praying they could get this guy into & through the playoffs -- especially if they play New Orleans or Green Bay. Seattle knows if they're going to win, they need to score....A LOT!

@Pikes Peak posted:

Merry Christmas Jake!

It would have been more fitting if Whitewater Jesus would have been released on Good Friday.  Maybe the Bills got their Holidays mixed up as to when persecuting Whitewater Jesus would have been appropriate?

As many games as he's played this year, he had to be released from the regular roster instead of simply returning to the practice squad. Thus his contract is guaranteed for the last 2 weeks of the season. A nice ≈$90K Christmas present. Plus, when he clears waivers, he'll be eligible to re-sign to the Bills practice squad.

Going into the playoffs, looks like the Bills figured they needed their regular #5 receiver, who's returning from IR.

@skully posted:
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Saints have claimed former #Bills WR Jake Kumerow, source said. He scored last week, was waived with the potential to return to Buffalo. But NO grabs him instead.

Damn, I'm still mad the Packers cut him loose.    

Link copied to your clipboard.