Skip to main content

Around 1974 I was sitting with my great grandfather at a holiday dinner and I told him how hard it was moving to a new school. And he told me a story his great grandad shared with him. A story about an old sage sitting on the edge of town whittling wood. And a man approached the old sage and asked him what people were like in this new town. And the old sage stroked his beard and asked what the folks were like in his old town. โ€œThey were mindless, impossible. Canโ€™t be reasoned with. They didnโ€™t understand meโ€. 
And the old sage told the man thatโ€™s exactly who heโ€™d find in town. Again. 

Maybe the greatest โ€œlife is what you make of itโ€ 10 minute lesson of my life. 

Timpranillo posted:
Troy posted:

Stafford's wife is so damn annoying.  Just STFU already.  She is a wife of an NFL player.  Nothing more.  Social media is ruining the world.  

So, as a wife of an NFL player, she shouldn't have any opinions on her husband's employer or career?  

Does that apply to every wife or just wives of NFL players?  Can my wife complain about the way my employer treated me?  

How is the employer doing anything?  Do you believe everything on the internet?  His employer made him a rich man and she gets to live a good life because of that.  So, STFU!!!!!  

And yes, I would be pissed off if my wife complained about my employer on social media.  She can complain all she wants in private, but no one gives a fuck what she thinks outside of friends and family.  She is an attention whore who will take any opportunity to be relevant.  Keep it to your self.  No one cares if you want to go to fucking California.  

Troy posted:
Timpranillo posted:
Troy posted:

Stafford's wife is so damn annoying.  Just STFU already.  She is a wife of an NFL player.  Nothing more.  Social media is ruining the world.  

So, as a wife of an NFL player, she shouldn't have any opinions on her husband's employer or career?  

Does that apply to every wife or just wives of NFL players?  Can my wife complain about the way my employer treated me?  

How is the employer doing anything?  Do you believe everything on the internet?  His employer made him a rich man and she gets to live a good life because of that.  So, STFU!!!!!  

And yes, I would be pissed off if my wife complained about my employer on social media.  She can complain all she wants in private, but no one gives a fuck what she thinks outside of friends and family.  She is an attention whore who will take any opportunity to be relevant.  Keep it to your self.  No one cares if you want to go to fucking California.  

If you don't want to read what she says, you know, don't read it... 

Troy posted:

Does Troy's wife know he calls her an attention whore on X4?

Randall Cobb as an inexpensive slot FA signing in GB.

discuss.....

I think GB goes Josh Jones OT in round 1. Maybe this Josh Jones works out. 

Sorry. But itโ€™s that time of year I want talented slobs up front. Everything starts up front. And GB needs to get better up front. 

I like OL round 1 and 2. WR round 3. Maybe Bryan Edwards. Maybe Troy Dye round 4. Then a few hidden gems.

Fedya posted:

Randall Cobb is injured most of the year.

Discuss....

You need to look at what Cobb did last year. And what he did after Cooper was injured. And what he did when Dallas needed someone to step up. 

Cobb is  no fan of Mike McCarthy. That I can promise you. Last year in Dallas proves that out. Randall Cobb could be a great slot receiver in GB for nothing. And it's a potentially great signing. 

ChilliJon posted:

Give me an OT in rd 1 and maybe Biadisz or a TE in Rd 2. Maybe Hunter Bryant. Biadasz is all world strong inside but I don't know that he translates to GB scheme. But I love Biadisz as an interior OL. Maybe not at C. But he's a great RG. 

I honestly don't know what GB is going to do at C. That's a legitimate problem. 

Donโ€™t GB and UW both run a lot of zone blocking? The emergence of Aaron Jones and the age of Rodgers is leading toward a paradigm shift in GB compared to past years where everything was built around the pass. I donโ€™t think any player on the OL that is talented is truly out of the question anymore honestly. 

Last edited by Grave Digger
ammo posted:
MNPackman posted:
WolfPack posted:

Leonard Floyd, Mark Barron, Linval Joseph expected to be cap casualties. Fit here? 

Joseph would be a good fit on the DL for a year or 2 as a rotational player.

Once again, can you rub the Viking stink off him? 

Everson Griffen and Xavier Rhodes are probable cap casualties, too. Lots of "viking stink" to deal with. Probably too much to deal with.

ChilliJon posted:

Give me an OT in rd 1 and maybe Biadisz or a TE in Rd 2. Maybe Hunter Bryant. Biadasz is all world strong inside but I don't know that he translates to GB scheme. But I love Biadisz as an interior OL. Maybe not at C. But he's a great RG. 

I honestly don't know what GB is going to do at C. That's a legitimate problem. 

Biadasz would be a great pick for our IOL. The problem for GB is that Biadasz might not last until our 2nd Round pick, meaning we'd have to draft him at our 30th pick in the 1st Round. Do we want an IOL guy with our first pick or do we go after an ILB or speedy WR there? There are many other guys in this draft who play multiple positions on the OL. Adams and Throckmorton are two. Getting guys who play well, at multiple positions, would help when someone gets injured. Elgton Jenkins is one of those guys, now. He fills the bill at LT and can play Center, too. Elgton may have been GB's best pick in the last draft. Lucas Patrick, IMO, is a solid, serviceable back up at C. As I said in other posts, I think Linsley's problems at C stem from Billy Turner not helping with the opponent's pass rush through the A gap on the right side. Turner will slide over to help Bulaga, leaving Linsley double teamed on the line. Hard to cover 2 guys by his lonesome, in those situations.

I think Turner was A problem on the OL and communication issues did probably make Linsley worse than he probably is. That simply could be a product of a new player in system that everyone is new in though. Everyone on the OL had communication issues, not as many as Turner seemed to though. My biggest problem is that Linsley has basically hit his ceiling, both physically and his talent level. Heโ€™s a good starter, very competent, but heโ€™s never going to be an All Pro even though heโ€™s paid well for the position. If they think Biadasz is going to be Travis Frederick, then take him and donโ€™t think twice. They are plenty of WR and OT in this draft honestly. 

ChilliJon posted:
Fedya posted:

Randall Cobb is injured most of the year.

Discuss....

You need to look at what Cobb did last year. And what he did after Cooper was injured. And what he did when Dallas needed someone to step up. 

Cobb is  no fan of Mike McCarthy. That I can promise you. Last year in Dallas proves that out. Randall Cobb could be a great slot receiver in GB for nothing. And it's a potentially great signing. 

Cobb wasn't a great slot receiver when he was in Green Bay.

Why would and older. slower, more worn out Cobb suddenly be better?

Boris posted:
bvan posted:
Andrew Brandt
 @AndrewBrandt

Any rumor of a trade of Matt Stafford is pure folly. The Lions, in the way they have structured repeated contracts, have made him untradeable. Would cost them $32M in Cap for him to NOT be there.

End. Of. Discussion. Andrew Brandt knows his shit.

Florio just came up with different figures...

When the issue came up last week regarding possible trade talks involving Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, I checked contract numbers at spotrac.com and overthecap.com to determine: (1) Staffordโ€™s cash payout in 2020; (2) Staffordโ€™s cap number in 2020 if on the team; and (3) Stafford cap charge in 2020 if traded.

Per a league source with knowledge of the deal, the numbers posted by both contract-information websites ($8.3 million, $21.3 million, and $32 million, respectively) are not correct. Instead, the cash payout is $21.5 million, the cap number is $21.3 million, and the dead-cap money if Stafford were to be traded is $24.8 million.

Thatโ€™s still a major chunk of cap space for the Lions to swallow if they trade Stafford, and thereโ€™s still no reason to believe the Lions will trade him.

For 2020, Stafford has a base salary of $15 million that reduces to $7.8 million, if/when a $7.2 million option bonus is exercised. (It stays at $15 million, if the option isnโ€™t exercised.) Stafford also has a $6 million roster bonus due on the fifth day of the league year (March 22); it is a fully-guaranteed roster bonus and will be prorated, but remains earned and payable in 2020. Throw in a $500,000 workout bonus, and Stafford has a total cash payout of $21.5 million in 2020.

Again, the Lions arenโ€™t looking to trade Stafford. Given the somewhat bizarre manner in which recent events unfolded on Thursday and Friday, it wouldnโ€™t be a shock if a trade request ultimately is made by Stafford.

Link copied to your clipboard.