Skip to main content

Ghost of Lambeau posted:

Thanks for all the good wishes on my impending retirement.  Echoing some of your thoughts, I can't find a retired person who hates it - or for that matter even dislikes it a little.  They all love it.  So I will find out - but I get the idea if I don't like it I might be the first - ever.  

Winning a SB in my first year off would be a great way to start.  

The husband of one of my previous managers retired from the NY State Police on Jan. 1.  He told another mutual friend that he's already bored.

FinnLander posted:
Ghost of Lambeau posted:

Thanks for all the good wishes on my impending retirement.  Echoing some of your thoughts, I can't find a retired person who hates it - or for that matter even dislikes it a little.  They all love it.  So I will find out - but I get the idea if I don't like it I might be the first - ever.  

The husband of one of my previous managers retired from the NY State Police on Jan. 1.  He told another mutual friend that he's already bored.

Ok, so I "could" be number 2?  

FinnLander posted:
Ghost of Lambeau posted:

He could always arrest the kids on Kiel's lawn.

Ghost of Lambeau posted:
FinnLander posted:
Ghost of Lambeau posted:

Ok, so I "could" be number 2?  

You are Number Six.

Harry Belefonte says it's 8 feet:

Day-o, day-o
Daylight come and me wan' go home
Day, me say day, me say day, me say day
Me say day, me say day-o

Work all night on a drink of rum
Stack banana 'til de mornin' come
Come, mister tally man, tally me banana
Come, mister tally man, tally me banana
Lift six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch
Six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch
Daylight come and me wan' go home...........

Retired last Sept.  Took a month off to "decompress".  Since then I drive a van for our school district on 1 afternoon and 1 morning, takes about 2.5 hours round trip. I also do delivery work of a local company, about 2 - 3 times a week. That gets me another 15-20 hours. I'm also working for the Census but that is pretty short term.  Looking forward to getting in a garden again and mowing lawn when I want to, not having to do it Sat or Sun. 

I understand them not wanting to tip their hand but...

Where does the energy come from? If you're powering something you're taking energy out of a system. Water has readily available thermal energy but the chemical energy of free O/H2 is less than that needed to separate them in a water molecule.

If it comes from the proteins themselves, how is the high energy state recovered?

I just have so much skepticism in this age of venture gambling. Wealth is so concentrated now there are people who think nothing of throwing millions at a one in a million shot.

Get a laboratory result, incorporate, IPO, retire.

Cold fusion, anyone?

Link copied to your clipboard.