Skip to main content

Ghost of Lambeau posted:

Thanks for all the good wishes on my impending retirement.  Echoing some of your thoughts, I can't find a retired person who hates it - or for that matter even dislikes it a little.  They all love it.  So I will find out - but I get the idea if I don't like it I might be the first - ever.  

Winning a SB in my first year off would be a great way to start.  

The husband of one of my previous managers retired from the NY State Police on Jan. 1.  He told another mutual friend that he's already bored.

Detoilet/Chitcago--Stafford for Mack, straight up.
Hell, throw Slay for Trubisky into the same deal.

Would any of the 25 teams that would trade for him be the same ones that would hire MM within minutes of his release?

FinnLander posted:
Ghost of Lambeau posted:

Thanks for all the good wishes on my impending retirement.  Echoing some of your thoughts, I can't find a retired person who hates it - or for that matter even dislikes it a little.  They all love it.  So I will find out - but I get the idea if I don't like it I might be the first - ever.  

The husband of one of my previous managers retired from the NY State Police on Jan. 1.  He told another mutual friend that he's already bored.

Ok, so I "could" be number 2?  

FinnLander posted:
Ghost of Lambeau posted:

He could always arrest the kids on Kiel's lawn.

Blair Kiel posted:

Will they re-charge my pacemaker?

If you're into that kind of thing.

As the film absorbs water, the electrical conductivity and surface chemistry of the protein nanowires is excited. These unique properties, coupled with the porosity of the film, yield an electrical current between the two electrodes.

I need a cold shower.

Ghost of Lambeau posted:
FinnLander posted:
Ghost of Lambeau posted:

Ok, so I "could" be number 2?  

You are Number Six.

Ghost of Lambeau posted:
Boris posted:

He's under contract & not getting traded. 

I am also under contract and not getting traded.  So I am retiring.  Feb 27th is may last day.  

Congrats, Ghost! Now you'll have time for volunteer work. So many worthy organizations need volunteers. Very fulfilling and is good for your health!

I'm planning on retiring at 62 at the end of the 2021 school year. Hope to go part time a couple days a week to help out with health ins. I really don't care how bored I get the rest of the time. I'll just sit back and think of all the 10-12 hr. days, Phone ringing at 1 in the morning, and 100 deg boiler rooms.

Turn 62 in March of 2021 and will retire at end of that school year from "day job" as School Psychologist but will continue to coach. A little scary but hope to figure out ways to replace the work hours. 

I have about 17 years to go to retirement but I can tell you I won't be one of those people who will work until the day they die or be "bored" when I retire.  I can travel to see my grand kids, go be an even crappier golfer, go see the Packers play,  and do some volunteering.  

Believe me, the amount of stuff you have to do expands to fit the time you have.

i retired in June of 2018. My days are full (even if that includes watching an hour of “Have Gun Will Travel” every morning). 

The Heckler posted:

I have about 17 years to go to retirement but I can tell you I won't be one of those people who will work until the day they die or be "bored" when I retire.  I can travel to see my grand kids, go be an even crappier golfer, go see the Packers play,  and do some volunteering.  

That's what I thought.

Harry Belefonte says it's 8 feet:

Day-o, day-o
Daylight come and me wan' go home
Day, me say day, me say day, me say day
Me say day, me say day-o

Work all night on a drink of rum
Stack banana 'til de mornin' come
Come, mister tally man, tally me banana
Come, mister tally man, tally me banana
Lift six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch
Six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch
Daylight come and me wan' go home...........

Retired last Sept.  Took a month off to "decompress".  Since then I drive a van for our school district on 1 afternoon and 1 morning, takes about 2.5 hours round trip. I also do delivery work of a local company, about 2 - 3 times a week. That gets me another 15-20 hours. I'm also working for the Census but that is pretty short term.  Looking forward to getting in a garden again and mowing lawn when I want to, not having to do it Sat or Sun. 

Chongo posted:

Before this devolves further into "what's better...Metamucil or prunes?"

Looking like the Seahags are signing old man Grolsen to make all their TE dreams come true.

Prunes stupid.  Just ask Olsen.

Henry posted:

I see American comics are keeping up with manga but with less tentacles. 

This is my inspiration btw.  Incredibly fascinating.

Protein nanowires generate electricity "out of thin air"

If you're on the twitterbox the gal who co-writes it is quite the follow.  

Last edited by DH13

I understand them not wanting to tip their hand but...

Where does the energy come from? If you're powering something you're taking energy out of a system. Water has readily available thermal energy but the chemical energy of free O/H2 is less than that needed to separate them in a water molecule.

If it comes from the proteins themselves, how is the high energy state recovered?

I just have so much skepticism in this age of venture gambling. Wealth is so concentrated now there are people who think nothing of throwing millions at a one in a million shot.

Get a laboratory result, incorporate, IPO, retire.

Cold fusion, anyone?

FLPACKER posted:

Turn 62 in March of 2021 and will retire at end of that school year from "day job" as School Psychologist but will continue to coach. A little scary but hope to figure out ways to replace the work hours. 

A Psychologist.  Perfect... you need to meat Henry.

Heat-sensitive cameras and radiation detectors at the inspection stop seek signs of weapons, but it’s the dogs that will find any drugs.   "If there is marijuana in the middle of a can of jalapenos, the dog will smell both of them but ignore the jalapenos.  On average, six drug cases a day are referred to the Sheriff’s Office.

Looks like I need to get to work making some Cannabutter for cookies & brownies. 

@packerboi start churning that hand made butter -- we need about 1,500 pounds worth. (Actually more.)

About 16 oz. Of butter for 1 OUNCE!

1 pound of pot for 16 pounds of butter. 😲

157 pounds of weed x 16 = 2,512 pounds of butter. 

Last edited by Boris
Link copied to your clipboard.