Skip to main content

Pakrz posted:
FLPACKER posted:

Turn 62 in March of 2021 and will retire at end of that school year from "day job" as School Psychologist but will continue to coach. A little scary but hope to figure out ways to replace the work hours. 

A Psychologist.  Perfect... you need to meat Henry.

I take no responsibility for any possible outcomes that don't benefit me and prop up how fabulous I am. 

I miss Gandolfini, he was the best part of the show.

Interestingly the actor who played Carlo was NYPD before acting. One of a number of actors from the show who actually rubbed elbows with real mob guys.

grignon posted:

I understand them not wanting to tip their hand but...

Where does the energy come from? If you're powering something you're taking energy out of a system. Water has readily available thermal energy but the chemical energy of free O/H2 is less than that needed to separate them in a water molecule.

If it comes from the proteins themselves, how is the high energy state recovered?

I just have so much skepticism in this age of venture gambling. Wealth is so concentrated now there are people who think nothing of throwing millions at a one in a million shot.

Get a laboratory result, incorporate, IPO, retire.

Cold fusion, anyone?

it sounds to me like the electricity is coming from the same source that produces lightening. So in harvesting this electricity they would be altering the climate and ecosystem in unknown ways.

AOC and company need to shut them down.

Blair Kiel posted:

Actually just finished binge watching  The Sopranos ...if you like strippers and violent Sicilians, it’s must see!

I am almost done. have a few more episodes. The gratuitous nudity really adds a fine dimension. Christopher's hooker in LA was spectacular!

Off the top of my head...talented but frequently concussed.

I always cringe when I watch guys with that kind of history play...glad Kuechly hung it up.

Last edited by Blair Kiel
FLPACKER posted:

I had 7 Sicilian uncles ....... many colorful stories. 

Need to count my aunts to get to 7 Sicilians:

Anthony, Valentino, Ronald, Rosario, Francesca, Sara, Mary.

Drinking dago red as a 6-year-old.

Good times.

Chongo posted:

Greatest all-time reaction from the Sopranos was from Paulie Walnuts when Vito Spatafore gets outed 

"Vito Spatafore's an ass-muncher!"

"OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Now that Blair's retired,he has that hair to look forward too! 

Blair Kiel posted:
FLPACKER posted:

Good times.

Mine:

Daniel, Joseph, John, Frank, Ignatius, Felix, Anthony, Anna, Concetta (my mother), Lolly, & Francesca ...my mom's  the only one left, she's 95. 

Packiderm posted:
Chongo posted:

Greatest all-time reaction from the Sopranos was from Paulie Walnuts when Vito Spatafore gets outed 

"OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Now that Blair's retired,he has that hair to look forward too! 

I figured he was going to go for the Wilford Brimley look:

With Snacks and Cobb, everything comes down to $$$. I would take both in a heartbeat, they still have some juice, they’re excellent lockerroom guys and good examples for young players, but they’re not THE answers to problems. They’re depth at this point in their career and they’re worth a look in camp for sure at the right price. There are teams who are needier at those positions who would likely outbid us. 

Chongo posted:

"OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Vito liked his Johnny Cakes.

FLPACKER posted:
Blair Kiel posted:
FLPACKER posted:

Good times.

Mine:

Daniel, Joseph, John, Frank, Ignatius, Felix, Anthony, Anna, Concetta (my mother), Lolly, & Francesca ...my mom's  the only one left, she's 95. 

I'm Sicilian and Calabrese on my dad's side....a bad combo for trying not to be stubborn or vengeful, unfortunately, I am often guilty of both.  Aunts and Uncles:  Dominic, Frank, Rosie, Angie, Theresa, Mary, Connie.  Favorite line I overhead as a kid while they played cards:  "butana diablo".

Love Sopranos but hands down the best banter ever was in True Romance when Dennis Hopper breaks it down and talks about the history of Silicians to the mobsters ending in the classic “I haven’t killed anybody since 1984” moment. 

$12.9M over 3 years, good call PackerHawk on that amount. I’m surprised. I don’t think it’s too much, I love Mason, just surprised they made him the 3rd highest paid K in the league. Surprised at how they structured also, $6M cap number in year 1, and <$4M the other two years. Sign of things to come because teams tend to use money when they have it, since they aren’t sitting pretty with dollars right now I would imagine that means the obvious cap saving moves are definitely coming. 

Link copied to your clipboard.