Skip to main content

I do find it hilarious that they put a "no trade clause" in this contract. If something happens to make KC want to trade Mahomes, who would honestly take on a contract of this size? No one. 

I can think of a couple. Jerry Jones who is desperate to win a Super Bowl and will do anything to get to that end. Even trading Dak and a slew of 1st round picks for Mahomes could be a possibility if the no trade clause was not in there. Also Danny Snyderbrenner.  

Not a free agent but a big move. John Schneider figuring out again how to move in talent. Expensive though.

@RapSheet:  

Trade/ Jamal Adams and the Jets 4th round pick in 2020 

To Seattle, in exchange for Bradley McDougald (safety), 1st round pick in 2021, 3rd round pick in 2021, and 1st round pick in 2022

Deal is pending physicals

Last edited by ilcuqui

From the comments field: 

As a Jets fan, I’ve see n every play he’s been on the field. While a good player, he is a perfect fit for what espn, and social media like to overrate. He makes big highlight reel hits, gives espn/social media worthy reactions after those hits, and gives memorable verbal clips after games. What you do not see on those reels are the blown coverages, dropped int’s, terrible team redzone defense, and him distancing himself from losses after not playing especially well himself. Can remember plenty of plays where Gronk grabbed balls over him and through him. If I’m going to pay a safety I want one who is a ball hawk, and makes the whole defense better in red zone situations. Jamal makes some highlight reel hits on rookie players. And for him to get to the QB, you have to blitz your safety! Good riddance and I can’t believe we got such a haul!

@skully posted:

There are two seasons in NFL History in which a QB has thrown for 4,000 yards and fewer than 5 INT.   

Aaron Rodgers last year, and Aaron Rodgers the year before that.

We don't need any stinkin recievers, we need more fullbacks.

Like we've discussed before, Aaron Rodgers is the anti-Favre. Rodgers is not going to lose you games you should win easily. He doesn't make stupid mistakes, but he also doesn't take as many chances as he should. Favre would win you some games that were tossups or upsets just based on his talent and willingness to take chances, but he'd also lose you games that you should have won because of his recklessness in taking chances. 

There might not be any QB in NFL history than Rodgers if you have a championship-caliber defense. But if you don't have a great defense, sometimes rocketball gives you more a chance. 

Michigan, can you imagine if AR had a consistently good defense to back him up?  A lot of people pile on AR for not winning more Super Bowls or going further in the playoffs but it isn't his fault it has consistently been the defense.  Not sure of the exact stat but I think in the Packers playoffs losses during Aaron's time in GB has given up something like 34 PPG in their losses.

I sometimes wish AR took more chances but I prefer his precision over winging it late in games. 

Link copied to your clipboard.