Skip to main content

If someone of name value is traded, like JJ or QW, it’ll most likely be to a team that probably has a history of trading for players. The usual suspects are Seattle, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, maybe KC.  Unfortunately probably not the Packers.

I'm not a subscriber...curious to know where he's coming from.  Half-season rentals of guys they don't expect to re-sign?

Silverstein: Why it could make sense for the Packers to be sellers before trade deadline.

Yeah, I'm interested too.  Who are you going to sell?  The guys you just shelled out a shit ton of money for?  Your promising younger guys?  The scrapload of scrubs?  All your "potential"?  Rodgers?

I have no clue who they would trade beside Williams or Jones.

Last edited by Henry
@Henry posted:

They are scraping the bottom of the league right now.  I can't believe there isn't one older vet out there that can deliver something more.  Honestly, how little commitment to the position can you have?  If it wasn't for ILB position, Rodgers would be right to take it personal.

Initially I was ok with Devante, Lazard, and Funchess as 1-2-3. Which pushed the speedy-stonehands-klutz (MVS) down to #4 WR where he belongs. We now have our #4 and #5 WR's playing too prominent of roles.

Last year I was against AJ Green rumors...oft injured, too expensive, etc....I think the timing is better now. Green has shown signs of getting healthy and is producing. He's a year older and more removed from dominance, but he can still play and shouldn't have the high price tag anymore. Bengals are 1-5 and going nowhere. Make it happen Grute.

@Henry posted:

Yeah, I'm interested too.  Who are you going to sell?  The guys you just shelled out a shit ton of money for?  Your promising younger guys?  The scrapload of scrubs?  All your "potential"?  Rodgers?

I have no clue who they would trade beside Williams or Jones.

Maybe Bak?  King?  Can't imagine guys like Jackson, MVS, ESB would garner much value.

Clickbait saying Gutey MAY want to sell some people so he can pay pending FA he wants to keep, Jizzones, Bakh, Jamaal, KK, Linsley.

Suggests trading Bakh who has the most value so he can get the capital to extend Jones. Scouts shit on that idea though cuz he's an elite LT. Scout suggests they try and deal Turdner who apparently has a much higher value than fans think.

LMAO, TS suggests trading Dean Lowry...I'm sure they are lining up to pay $4M a year for that stiff...

@Chongo posted:

Wonder if the fact MLF was the QBs coach was during Fuller's sophomore year at ND plays any role in this apparent interest?

CWood on mid-sesason trades ...

"Charles Woodson won one Super Bowl with the Green Bay Packers. He doesn’t want his friend and former teammate, Aaron Rodgers, to leave with the same fate.

With the trade deadline approaching and the Packers sitting pretty with a 5-1 record, there is an opportunity for general manager Brian Gutekunst to make the type of bold move that his predecessor, Ted Thompson, failed to accomplish."

and

“There’s no way if we get Marshawn Lynch that we’re not walking away with at least two titles,”

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers...ed-into-trade-rumors

@DH13 posted:

Reports are the Packers made offer to PHI for Ertz.

There's already a glut at TE, in numbers and with injuries. At this point, MLF and 12 are probably getting the most they can out of those guys, and they've shown some actual production compared to a year ago. I think Ertz may be on fumes at this point, and I can't see him making a huge dent in the outcome of games. If it were a Keith Jackson situation, maybe. But Ertz coming in could retard the growth guys like Tonyan have shown. Idk that the upside is all that appealing. Philly certainly didn't bat an eye putting him on IR.

@Chongo posted:

Clickbait saying Gutey MAY want to sell some people so he can pay pending FA he wants to keep, Jizzones, Bakh, Jamaal, KK, Linsley.

Suggests trading Bakh who has the most value so he can get the capital to extend Jones. Scouts shit on that idea though cuz he's an elite LT. Scout suggests they try and deal Turdner who apparently has a much higher value than fans think.

LMAO, TS suggests trading Dean Lowry...I'm sure they are lining up to pay $4M a year for that stiff...

Jesus. Trade Bak? That's fucking nuts. Between paying Bak or Jones it's Bak every time.

I could see Turner and maybe King.  I really doubt they are going to offer Linsley big money. 

Outside of Williams, who I don't want to trade, I don't see a position on this team that puts them in a seller's market. 

Maybe 3rd string QBs.

@michiganjoe posted:

"Washington Football Team" is really growing on me.

It's old timey.

"Green Bay Football Club"

"Las Vegas Strippers Club"

Last edited by Henry
@Henry posted:

"Washington Football Team" is really growing on me.

It's old timey.

"Green Bay Football Club"

"Las Vegas Strippers Club"

If Snyder isn't capitalizing on this treasure trove, he's pretty stupid for a billionaire. Then again, those aren't mutually exclusive terms these days. Still, this  aligns perfectly for him- he can market the "WFT" and whatever new stupid nickname they decide on, in successive years, potentially.

In the last 10 days ...

7-0 Steelers just traded for ILB Avery Williamson (after losing Devin Bush to an ACL)

6-1 Chiefs signed Le'Veon Bell

6-1 Seahawks traded for DE Carlos Dunlap and signed DT Snacks Harrison

5-2 Ravens traded for DE Yannick Ngakoue

5-2 Bucs traded for DT Steve McClendon and signed WR Antonio Brown

5-2 Cardinals traded for OLB Markus Golden

@SteveLuke posted:

In the last 10 days ...

7-0 Steelers just traded for ILB Avery Williamson (after losing Devin Bush to an ACL)

6-1 Chiefs signed Le'Veon Bell

6-1 Seahawks traded for DE Carlos Dunlap and signed DT Snacks Harrison

5-2 Ravens traded for DE Yannick Ngakoue

5-2 Bucs traded for DT Steve McClendon and signed WR Antonio Brown

5-2 Cardinals traded for OLB Markus Golden

5-2 Titans acquire CB Desmond King from Chargers for a 6th round pick.

5-2 Saints acquire LB Kwon Alexander from 49ers for a conditional 5th.

The Packers are always "rumored" to be in the mix of X or Y player...pulling the trigger is entirely a different matter.

@packerboi posted:

The Packers are always "rumored" to be in the mix of X or Y player...pulling the trigger is entirely a different matter.

Yep, is this their cover story to show they made an attempt?

@packerboi posted:

Most of these trades are for day 3 picks, which the Packers have plenty of.

The Packers have historically valued 5th and 6th round picks like they think they are going to draft a guy like Aaron Jones with every pick. I'd rather use one of those picks on a guy that you know can actually play in the NFL rather than draft the next MVS, ESB, Dexter Williams, and DeAngelo Yancey.

Link copied to your clipboard.