Skip to main content

@Packdog posted:

I thought you were going to say drop him back into coverage.

@RobDemovsky
If Aaron Rodgers throws to Tavon Austin, it will be just the second time he's ever targeted a WR picked in the 1st round. In 7,103 career attempts (regular season & playoffs), he's thrown two passes to a first-round WR: Koren Robinson in 2007. He's 2-for-2 for 20 yards.
@packerboi posted:
@RobDemovsky
·
If Aaron Rodgers throws to Tavon Austin, it will be just the second time he's ever targeted a WR picked in the 1st round. In 7,103 career attempts (regular season & playoffs), he's thrown two passes to a first-round WR: Koren Robinson in 2007. He's 2-for-2 for 20 yards.

I bet Rodgers might have the record for attempt, completions, yards, and touchdowns to 2nd round WRs, though. Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, and Adams were all second-round choices.

I bet Rodgers might have the record for attempt, completions, yards, and touchdowns to 2nd round WRs, though. Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, and Adams were all second-round choices.

Marcedes Lewis - 1st rounder

Last edited by Boris
@DocBenni posted:

Looks like it’s a good thing we didn’t get Will Fuller.  Just suspended 6 weeks for PEDs

just saw that, wonder if he would have had to disclose there was a chance he was under investigation, etc...

@PackerHawk posted:

Assuming there's no plans to use Austin this week unless they actually got him in the Covid protocol already.

He's apparently eligible to practice tomorrow. My guess is we very likely could see him on Sunday.

I’m sure Austin got a full physical etc and per reports, there was some concern in early August whether he was in shape. Otherwise apparently he would have landed in SF back then. I don’t doubt the Packers made sure he was in decent shape before signing him this late in the season

Last edited by packerboi

Tavon Austin, I like this signing, could be the X factor if his knee is fully healed and his speed is still there.

Here are Tavon Austin's year-by-year stats since entering the league

2013 (Rams): 40 rec, 418 yards, 4 TD

2014 (Rams): 31 rec, 242 yards, 0 TD

2015 (Rams): 52 rec, 473 yards, 5 TD

2016 (Rams): 58 rec, 509 yards, 3 TD

2017 (Cowboys): 13 rec, 47 yards, 0 TD

2018 (Cowboys): 8 rec, 140 yards, 2 TD

Source: https://www.si.com/college/wes...0-season-with-injury

Last edited by GreenBayLA
@michiganjoe posted:

He's apparently eligible to practice tomorrow. My guess is we very likely could see him on Sunday.

Well that's good. They must have gotten the clock going on the Covid protocol Friday or Saturday.

@artis posted:

This might be blasphemous to say, but maybe the FO knew something we didn't.

You mean that highly paid guys who work for NFL teams know things that slobs who post on internet message boards don't?

Link copied to your clipboard.