Skip to main content

@michiganjoe posted:

Just a reminder: player evaluation is difficult.

Horse shit. Brooks and Queen are both at least starters and Gladney's issues aren't on the field. And it conveniently cuts off before Higgins, Pittman, Swift,  Xavier McKinney and Dugger, and shortly after is Taylor, Winfield, Claypool, Jaylon Johnson, etc.

IRT Jordan Love, I think he might someday be an adequate QB. As Packers fan, I have been spoiled by the play of Farve and Rodgers. We may never see that in GB again. Yet I have watched inferior QB’s do well in this league when they have the right supporting cast. Right now he is a developmental backup and probably cheaper than a veteran backup. I am interested in seeing how he does with a new QB coach and a full TC. Drafting him in the first round might have been a mistake and a last second decision by Gutie when others were gone but that was then and this is now. My hope is that this draft can bring in some great prospects and we can field a good team in the future regardless of QB.

@Chongo posted:

Glad to see 12 confirmed at his locker yesterday what many had hoped for...the addition of Tom Clements has contributed a lot to the improvement of Love this season.

Jordan Love vs Trey Lance on Friday night.

Two coaches that know one another really well and will want to have their prodigies show well on the field. They could help one another out in that regard, but I kinda doubt it.

Shanahan is more of a devious douchebag ( learned from his Daddy) so I can see him throwing everything he can at young Jordan...we'll see how that goes on Friday nite.

@Satori posted:

Jordan Love vs Trey Lance on Friday night.

Two coaches that know one another really well and will want to have their prodigies show well on the field. They could help one another out in that regard, but I kinda doubt it.

Shanahan is more of a devious douchebag ( learned from his Daddy) so I can see him throwing everything he can at young Jordan...we'll see how that goes on Friday nite.

I hope he does.  It would be in Jordan's and the Packers best interest.   

@michiganjoe posted:

Hopefully he deals with any pressure better than he did in the KC game.

Yeah, that was bad.  I think Aaron Rodgers’ quick and accurate release makes most teams fear blitzing against him.  The Chiefs had no fear of Love and threw the kitchen sink at him.  In fairness to Love, the O-Line was bad in that game and did him no favors.

Hopefully the Pack has a better plan if that type of situation happens again this year.

We get to play the Vikings in the 4th preseason game - more commonly known as the first game of the regular season.  In this game the preferred starters get to play their first game.  Didn't work out so well for us last year.  Hopefully the Packers learned how to not repeat it.  But after that, the results were predictable for all teams in the division. 

Didn't work out so well for us last year.  Hopefully the Packers learned how to not repeat it.  But after that, the results were predictable for all teams in the division.

This has been a topic of conversation in Denver, where Hackett is doing exactly what the Packers did last year.  And they're pointing to 2 things - Packers got smoked in week 1, and Packers were not exactly healthy last year. 

@PackerHawk posted:

What the Packers are doing isn't exactly unique. Lots of teams are keeping their starters out of preseason games.

Yes - and unfortunately, the greedy owners will use this as ammunition to get an 18th reg season on the schedule.
"Since nobody plays in preseason games...let's eliminate another "meaningless" contest and have more of the revenue-producing match-ups"

$$$$$

@Goalline posted:

Very astute video comparison. I tried to find Tom Brady throwing incompletions as well but turns out he never threw a bad pass. This was just high-quality research and editing that very clearly proves many things. Many many football things.

Time well spent and I think the gentleman on Twitter likely will have multiple interviews for GM positions around the league come next offseason.

@Chongo posted:

Nice analysis by a neutral...

TJ does great work -
One area I'd love to hear him comment on is the difference in the way AR wants a route run vs what Love wants, vs how things are typically taught.
These WRs are trying to make the team & live up to Rodgers imploring them to clean up the little stuff. But Rodgers isn't the QB for these games.

So does Doubs run the route the way Love wants it or the way Rodgers wants it ? They might not be the same. I'd be interested to hear somebody talk about that in detail.

@BrainDed posted:

That tweet is so dumb..  We all knew Rodgers could play when he had to fill in for #4 vs Dallas.

https://youtu.be/l2cA3EgIpfg

Watch that, then go watch Love fill in for #12 vs KC or Det last year.    It's night and day difference.

Watch Rodgers play against the Ravens and the Pats in place of Favre. BRUTAL!!! Worse than anything Love showed against KC. That same guy played so well against the Cowboys in year 3 that I knew then he was better than Favre.

Last edited by Goalline
@BrainDed posted:

That tweet is so dumb..  We all knew Rodgers could play when he had to fill in for #4 vs Dallas.

https://youtu.be/l2cA3EgIpfg

Watch that, then go watch Love fill in for #12 vs KC or Det last year.    It's night and day difference.

No, what’s dumb is trying to compare AR in that stage of his career, a full 3 seasons in, vs Love last year barely into year 2 not to mention his rookie year was essentially a red shirt season thanks to Covid, no OTAs, and no preseason.

Favre also got to skip out on much of TC reps in those summers and a young Rodgers got loads of work with the number 1’s that Rodgers says to this day helped him develop that much faster. I could go on, I won’t.

It’s a lot like saying Aaron Jones sucks as a WR cause he’s beating out #3 CBs.

@packerboi posted:

No, what’s dumb is trying to compare AR in that stage of his career, a full 3 seasons in, vs Love last year barely into year 2 not to mention his rookie year was essentially a red shirt season thanks to Covid, no OTAs, and no preseason.

Favre also got to skip out on much of TC reps in those summers and a young Rodgers got loads of work with the number 1’s that Rodgers says to this day helped him develop that much faster. I could go on, I won’t.

It’s a lot like saying Aaron Jones sucks as a WR cause he’s beating out #3 CBs.

This is the intellectual dishonesty I mentioned before. It’s not like there isn’t ample evidence to show that Love is not the guy, but this constant need to make fake arguments to make him look worse than he is? Weird. Makes them look and sound desperate.

Last edited by Goalline

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.