Skip to main content

@Goalline posted:

Boring defense. Remember when a big lead meant sacks and picks? This defense gives up points with a big lead.

Exactly.  The tackling, or lack thereof,  on this team is terrible.  Would be Interesting to know how many yards after contact the Bears picked up. Thank God 12 and the offense are humming.

@RochNyFan posted:

Exactly.  The tackling, or lack thereof,  on this team is terrible.  Would be Interesting to know how many yards after contact the Bears picked up. Thank God 12 and the offense are humming.

I'll agree the Pack are well below average on tackling, but I'd also point out that many guys around the league make business decisions every week. Good tackling in the NFL is the exception, not the rule. My favorite this year has been 3 defenders blanketing a ball carrier and only one of them actually doing the tackling while the other two watch. GB's done it a bunch, but it's def a league wide thing. That "ole bullshit" ain't just for Roger Dorn anymore.

@artis posted:

I'll agree the Pack are well below average on tackling, but I'd also point out that many guys around the league make business decisions every week. Good tackling in the NFL is the exception, not the rule. My favorite this year has been 3 defenders blanketing a ball carrier and only one of them actually doing the tackling while the other two watch. GB's done it a bunch, but it's def a league wide thing. That "ole bullshit" ain't just for Roger Dorn anymore.

This may be true but at least what, half of the D's we've seen this year are better tacklers/hitters than the GB D. 

TB, IND, CHI, SF, MIN

So it's not some flukey hard to obtain skill.  It also seems like even more of a unicorn to have a top D and top O in this day and age, usually because of $ and draft priority but every defender can be taught to tackle and hit, no matter what their income level is.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.