Skip to main content

@Music City posted:

Are there enough OL to upgrade there? Are there any LBs left with enough speed to upgrade the unit? 

Derek Henry Jr don't need no need blockers, linebackers?  much like the last 10 years, we don't need no stinking linebackers.

Last edited by Pikes Peak

Gutekunst has clearly waved the white flag and doesn't think he can compete with the Niners in the foreseeable future and improving in 2020 is not a concern. At all. 

So, why not just go all the way here? Trade Rodgers. Get as many draft picks as you can for 21 and 22. REALLY tank the hell out of 2020, get the #1 pick and then trade that for even more picks for some team that wants Trevor Lawrence (as GB won't need a QB what with THE Jordan Love)

Then maybe compete in 2023/24?

Baffling to take a RB this high, but Dillon is at least interesting.  For a 247 lb. bowling ball of a RB to have a 41” vertical jump is freaky in a good way.  Maybe he’s got some Derrick Henry in him?

@Timpranillo posted:

Gutekunst has clearly waved the white flag and doesn't think he can compete with the Niners in the foreseeable future and improving in 2020 is not a concern. At all. 

So, why not just go all the way here? Trade Rodgers. Get as many draft picks as you can for 21 and 22. REALLY tank the hell out of 2020, get the #1 pick and then trade that for even more picks for some team that wants Trevor Lawrence (as GB won't need a QB what with THE Jordan Love)

Then maybe compete in 2023/24?

Completely agree. Trade Rodgers. But Gutekunst needs to be fired immediately 

@Dr._Bob posted:

Does this pick again line up with LaFoof's offensive style?   Are we starting to see the plan for the future?

Wasn't MLF credited with getting Henry going when he was in TN?  Certainly he has experience successfully game planning for players like Dillon/Henry.

@vitaflo posted:

First thing I thought.  Totally reminds me of Derrick Henry from the tape.  Well that and his legs are as big as tree trunks.  He's absolutely massive.

and only 21 years old.  lotsa gas left in the tank.

If you were going to take a RB why not trade up for Taylor or Dobbins?   I mean, it’s pretty easy to get a RB later in the draft that’s big and physical and runs between the tackles. 

But you take this guy there?  

By the way, the NFL usually isn’t very kind to big RBs that aren’t elusive or fast - two things that Derrick Henry is and guys like that do not grow on trees. 

@Dr._Bob posted:

Does this pick again line up with LaFoof's offensive style?   Are we starting to see the plan for the future?

The McVay style that MLF wants to play is heavy on play action to open space for the passing game.  The Rams were running like a top with Gurley providing the play action threat.

Until now, our approach has been the WR have to win their battle; we saw a little mix of the play action style last year but I think we go very heavy into it this year, especially with our the WR crew we have that has shown it can't (apart from Adams) win a one on one battle.

@Tschmack posted:

You know, it does make you wonder if Gute is looking 2-3 years down the road and may consider dealing Rodgers sooner rather than later.  

Could have got Bosa and a boatload from  the Chargers.  The need a PR boost in the new stadium and are sucking hind tit in LA.

I think after 2 rounds GB isn’t better than than they were in 2019, but I don’t think we’re much worse. Bulaga for Wagner is truly the only downgrade I see. Yeah I think Gute is playing a long game with the draft because there are still vet options to consider with some of the gaps were seeing. Tramon is coming off his best season in years as the #3/4 CB, UFA receivers have been severely devalued with this run on high round receivers, and there may be more chances to stack the DL. I was hoping for different picks, but the picture is not bleak.

Last edited by Grave Digger
@Tschmack posted:

You know, it does make you wonder if Gute is looking 2-3 years down the road and may consider dealing Rodgers sooner rather than later.  

All drafts look 2-3 years down the road.  This fascination and expectation that these kids who have never played a down in the NFL are the answer to our prayers this year is wishful thinking.  The guys who are going to actually determine how well we do this year were already on the roster on Wednesday.

Last edited by vitaflo

I think after 2 rounds GB isn’t better than than they were in 2019, but I don’t think we’re much worse. Bulaga for Wagner is truly the only downgrade I see. Yeah I think Gute is playing a long game with the draft because there are still vet options to consider with some of the gaps were seeing. Tramon is coming off his best season in years as the #3/4 CB, UFA receivers have been severely devalued with this run on high round receivers, and there may be more chances to stack the DL. I was hoping for different picks, but the picture is not bleak.

images [1)

Attachments

Images (1)
  • images (1)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.