Skip to main content

@Pakrz posted:

Kamal Martin is listed as a "priority free agent" on NFL.com. 

Angular linebacker with decent straight-line twitch who takes too long to diagnose and flow, making him a viable block for climbing linemen. He plays upright and a little stiff in his scrapes and doesn't find his run fits as efficiently as he needs to. He can gather and wrap as a tackler, but will struggle to finish elusive backs in the open field and he's unimpressive as a passing-down participant. Martin's lack of early play recognition and elusive flow to ball might push him outside as a 4-3 SAM option.

I hope someone in the media really pushes Gutey hard on why...in a historically deep draft for the position, he neglects a position that he himself "definitely needed an upgrade". Now I'm sure his line will be "that's the way the board fell". BS!! Don't let him get away with that..He could have maneuvered up at anytime before the 5th round to get one. You do what you have to do. Taking one in the 6th or 7th round doesn't count Gutey...to this point...27!! 27 receivers have been taken and not a single one by Gutey. Just absolutely mind boggling

I hope someone in the media really pushes Gutey hard on why...in a historically deep draft for the position, he neglects a position that he himself "definitely needed an upgrade". Now I'm sure his line will be "that's the way the board fell". BS!! Don't let him get away with that..He could have maneuvered up at anytime before the 5th round to get one. You do what you have to do. Taking one in the 6th or 7th round doesn't count Gutey...to this point...27!! 27 receivers have been taken and not a single one by Gutey. Just absolutely mind boggling

He's lying. Or he's a horrible talent evaluator.

@YATittle posted:

He's lying. Or he's a horrible talent evaluator.

Exactly, it's one or the other..his whole draft would look completely different right now had he moved up for Justin Jefferson in the 1st. All he had to do was go to #23, he had the ammo. To not do that, and then to allow him to fall to a division rival is pure negligence. At the VERY worst he could have gone up a few spots and taken Mims in the 2nd after he slid so far. Absolutely baffling

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.