Skip to main content

@Coach LaFleur presser

Matt LaFleur said he's been impressed with WR Equanimeous St. Brown: "He knows our playbook inside and out. He knows the finer details ... He's a long guy that's got a really nice catch radius and he has good speed."

Matt LaFleur on his new middle linebacker: "I've been super impressed with Christian. He's a pro's pro. He's been on top of his assignments and directing traffic out there."   

Last edited by skully

Now that the Gallagher Premiership Rugby has started back up again in the UK, they are using crown noise there too.  The announcers said that the techs in the league spent the lockdown editing together the sounds from the previous season's games against the exact same opponents to make it as authentic as possible.

It wasn't as odd to hear as I thought it would be.

# 65 Lane Taylor presser

Lane Taylor says the switch to RG from LG has been very easy. β€œI got many more miles, many more years to play.” Taylor started all but 3 games for the Packers at LG from 2016-18. Now with Elgton Jenkins at LG, Taylor took a pay cut so he could compete to start on right side.                      @ mattschneidman

@skully posted:

excellent question Henry       from reddit, about the noise :

Coach Matt LaFleur confirms the noise at practice was the prototype ambient noise the NFL wants teams to use during games with no fans. He noted that it was loud enough in person that they had to use silent count.

The Packers should hire Gene Belcher for crowd noise.

Last edited by Henry
@Henry posted:

I'm just wondering what version of Lane Taylor we'll be getting.  Right side of the line is a bit of a question mark at the moment.  I'm not overly concerned but it's a reasonable question.

I'm more concerned with how Turner does as RT than how Lane Taylor does at RG. We should soon see how much extra work Turner gives Taylor in the B gap on the right side.

Good news is that Taylor and Linsley have been playing together for a while, so I feel comfortable their timing will be solid. Turner was off at times with Bulaga and Linsley last season and it led to some opportunities for the defense. I was hoping he would get to settle a little more into RG and shore up some of those issues. Turner at RT is more of a concern than Wagner IMO, but 1) they can scheme around that weakness if the other 4 are solid (which they will be) and 2) that's Rodgers front side, so he will see everything coming at him and can react. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.