Skip to main content

Henry posted:
Grave Digger posted:

BK becoming the new Johnny Z with this YA obsession. Are you under 5’11” YA? Could you be if we need you to be?

NOBODY can replace Juanny Zamboni!  NO ONE!  Lil' midget eatin' peanuts off his head.

YA posted he "loved" Herschel's post earlier.  What's next?  "YA Tittle is fully erect for this post".

Are you obsessed with YA now too? You have quite a cult following YA. Do we need to make a separate forum to analyze all of YA’s likes/dislikes/posts/silence? Sounds like rich discussion! 

fightphoe93 posted:

Count me as one that enjoys YA Tittle and has zero problems with all the Likes.  I'm kind of surprised it bothers anyone.

You do realize the French thought Jerry Lewis was a genius, right?

I thought maybe they would cancel this game after the news of Kobe Bryant's passing,  I guess not.                                                          There was a time when the runners up of the NFC Championship actually played each other. I can’t recall what they called the game. Not sure what kind of draw or interest that would hold today. During the weekend prior to the super bowl having the Titans and Packers play.  Probably tough   to get players motivated.          

In '62, the Pack won handily, 42-20.

In '63, the college stars beat Lombardi's Packers, 20-17.

In '66, '67, '68 - Lombardi made sure everyone knew who the Champs were.

('66) 38-0. ('67) 27-0. ('68) 34-17.

skully posted:

There was a time when the runners up of the NFC Championship actually played each other. I can’t recall what they called the game.         

It was called the Playoff Bowl. It was only played from 1960 thru 1969.   Packers played in it twice Jan. 1964 beating Cleveland 40-23.  The next season they lost to St. Louis 24-17.  Lombardi hated the game, he called it the Shit Bowl. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playoff_Bowl

GB must have played their 3rd and 4th stringers in the loss against St.Louis. I'll have to admit I never heard of  Bert Bell commissioner of the NFL until I read AMMO'S link.     Lombardi's thoughts   on the Bert Bell Benefit Bowl.                         "   .a losers' bowl for losers  "     "a hinky-dink football game, held in a hinky-dink town, played by hinky-dink players. That's all second place is – hinky dink."   

In their one appearance , in 1968   the VIKES   got smoked  by Dallas   

From the little I saw, it looked like one-fingernail touch and you were down. Except they crashed in on Cousins and made him look pretty bad with the fumble recovery for a TD.  

The NFL should name their Pro Bowl players and leave it at that -- no game. At this point, it's gotta cost them more to put it on than they bring in.

Blair Kiel posted:
fightphoe93 posted:

Count me as one that enjoys YA Tittle and has zero problems with all the Likes.  I'm kind of surprised it bothers anyone.

You do realize the French thought Jerry Lewis was a genius, right?

And the Germans loved David Hasselhoff. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.