Skip to main content

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Henry posted:

I couldn't quite figure out why Campbell was on the street until June.  His numbers weren't horrible with the Falcons and Cards.  He was pretty average but not bad.

Good thing Gorp signed him to a one year flyer contract knowing he was an all-pro.  Things just got a bit more expensive.

Well, he did have 10 bucks remaining on the cap. No excuse for Gorp's (Gorp?) actions.

They got him for a bargain, it will even out with the new contract. My guess is ballpark of $12M-$14M per year it will take to keep him. He will be 29 July 1, he will be looking for a big contract. Packers will have some tough decisions to make...the added cost of Campbell probably makes Z even more likely of a casualty.

There is no such thing as a hometown discount. Ever.

@Goalline posted:

Well, he did have 10 bucks remaining on the cap. No excuse for Gorp's (Gorp?) actions.

Yes, the bargain shopping for ILB years on end and clearly stated position that ILB didn't matter weighs into a garbage flyer contract on an all pro.

Pretty sure he had a lot more cap to play with for an all pro.

Last edited by Henry
@Chongo posted:

They got him for a bargain, it will even out with the new contract. My guess is ballpark of $12M-$14M per year it will take to keep him. He will be 29 July 1, he will be looking for a big contract. Packers will have some tough decisions to make...the added cost of Campbell probably makes Z even more likely of a casualty.

There is no such thing as a hometown discount. Ever.

I think we'll lose them both. Our cap situation next year is so ugly.

@Goalline posted:

I think we'll lose them both. Our cap situation next year is so ugly.

We don't know for sure at this point.  Depends on what Rodgers does.  Plus, doesn't that cap go up 22 million?  I can't imagine Campbell would break the bank after one stellar season.

Rasul Douglas would be more of a cap hit simply because of being a CB.  I wouldn't be surprised if other teams drive up the price. 

Last edited by Henry
@Henry posted:

We don't know for sure at this point.  Depends on what Rodgers does.  Plus, doesn't that cap go up 22 million?  I can't imagine Campbell would break the bank after one stellar season.

Rasul Douglas would be more of a cap hit simply because of being a CB.  I wouldn't be surprised if other teams drive up the price.

Give Rasul's King's money....

Campbell and Douglas are going to get paid and it won't be the Packers, that is what happens when you sign vets to one year deals and they have career years. I am just stoked they had them this year.

King getting $6 was mind blowing to most around here. Obviously they didn't know what they had in Stokes and he was their best option at the time. From what I saw, he has played marginally better when he wasn't hurt, but nothing close to $6m

Congrats to Campbell and Adams, they deserve it.

@Henry posted:

See @GratefulPack post above. THAT!

Congrats to Rodgers, Adams and Campbell.  Hopefully Campbell's play has opened front office eyes what an ILB should look like (yes, it's been so long).  Assignment-sure, fast, can cover, good tackler.  He will make some money next year, along with Douglas and D. Adams.  I don't think the Packers will be the ones paying, given their cap situation and their respective ages.  Just get draft pick compensation as high-priced FAs.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.