Skip to main content

@fightphoe93 posted:

I definitely was an eyeore, but it was more on the concussion front than his talent.  I was almost ready to say “shut him down for the year” after they pulled him for the 2nd game in a row.  

Fortunately they were just being cautious and he didn’t have a concussion after that 2nd game they took him off the field.

Let’s just hope that going forward he stays healthy.  If he stays healthy, he’ll be one of the top deep threats in the NFL.

He does need to learn how to avoid those big hits when he's running with the ball. If that's even possible. Some guys seem to have an instinct about when to zig or zag or just get out of bounds or on the ground.

@PackerHawk posted:

He does need to learn how to avoid those big hits when he's running with the ball. If that's even possible. Some guys seem to have an instinct about when to zig or zag or just get out of bounds or on the ground.

Damn you for getting this thread back on topic!

@Blair Kiel posted:

Steve Luke with an early lead on the scoreboard.

Blair you keep comin' after those who dare critique your FRONT OFFICE faves with a white hot ferocity that I haven’t seen since watching an AYSO trained, Eastside defender come at Tunji Akiwowo back in the day. Alas, as was the case when that Bavarian faced off against and was exposed by Tunji and the Serbs, zeal is no substitute for talent or, in this case, facts.   

On September 11, 2022, some wise poster presciently stated the following right after the opening game loss to Minnesota:

I think Doubs and Watson both looked athletic and I am glad they each got multiple opportunities in the passing game. I think and hope they can both get much better as the season progresses provided they get sufficient playing time.

The Watson drop was obviously enormous, but at least there is hope he, and to a lesser extent Doubs, can get chunk yardage as the season wears on. The rest of the receiving group is a bunch of plodders.

Watkins looked like a player approaching 30, who has suffered a number of injuries, and is playing on his 5th team in 7 years.

Lamenting Watson's lack of targets (11 over 98 snaps with several of those targets coming at or behind the line of scrimmage) and production over his first 5 games ain't hatin' on Christian, it is highlighting how flawed the Packers entire approach to the WR position was coming into this season. As stated after the opener, Watson dropping the first pass of the season was less of an issue to me than the promise he showed in getting open and displaying explosiveness. Giving Sammy Watkins more snaps than Watson to open the season made no sense then and it makes even less sense now.

Imagine how promising 2022 might have been with Jordan Love throwing to and growing up with Doubs and Watson (and other young talent from all those high draft picks the Broncos gave away for a QB) instead of wasting part of the regular season and all of the preseason catering to Rodgers' preference for the old, un-explosive, and unsigned (for 2023) trio of Cobb, Lazard, and Watkins.

Anyway, congratulations to Watson based upon his outstanding month of November and I hope his explosiveness shines in Green Bay for years to come even if he is still catching passes from the old scold in 2023 and 2024.

And hey, kudos to you and your boy Gutey on the bold trade up to select Christian if, as we all hope, he keeps up his great play. (I won't even question, yet, whether Gutey should have kept his two 2nd round picks and taken Watson 28th overall rather than selecting a soon to be 25 year-old DT who hardly gets any snaps on the NFL's second worst run defense, because who knows if Wyatt is any good and Barry is just holding him back).

Now, regarding the ignorant Eeyores who learned to play soccer from damn fereners rather than enlightened Americans who became experts on the game after spending a semester studying abroad in London or Paris and who dare question the infallibility of the Pack's FRONT OFFICE, please resurrect our posts (a) stupidly questioning the wisdom of signing Sammy Watkins this offseason or (b) failing to properly appreciate Gutey's gutsy decision to spend GB's 2021 3rd and 4th round picks on Amari Rodgers.

@SteveLuke posted:

Blair you keep comin' after those who dare critique your FRONT OFFICE faves with a white hot ferocity that I haven’t seen since watching an AYSO trained, Eastside defender come at Tunji Akiwowo back in the day. Alas, as was the case when that Bavarian faced off against and was exposed by Tunji and the Serbs, zeal is no substitute for talent or, in this case, facts.

That was quite the non sequitur post so let me respond first on the soccer comment. You kind of grabbed names and teams from my younger days and conflated them. Tunji Akiwowo was a UWM teammate. He played club soccer for the Serbs, as correctly noted. I played club soccer for the Croatians, Sport Club and Verdi at various times in the 80’s. Your reference to the Bavarians thus makes no sense. I also never trained under AYSO programs . Yes, I  was a product of the ethnic leagues and such coaches as Bob Gansler, Jerry Panek and Alex Toth. You seem to know of me however…that’s quite flattering.

Regarding your concern about me being a fan boy of the front office. If you wish to deep dive into my thousands of comments at X4 and find one comment supporting the front office, please share it on the forum and I will give Fedya a blow job.

Thanks again for caring.

Last edited by Blair Kiel

Watson almost reminds me of  DeSean Jackson with much better height and worse tracking skills. He's probably always going to have frustrating drops, but he has that extra gear to get the long TDs that the analytics and highlights folks love.

@Blair Kiel posted:

Regarding your concern about me being a fan boy of the front office. If you wish to deep dive into my thousands of comments at X4 and find one comment supporting the front office, please share it on the forum and I will give Fedya a blow job.

Fedya is furiously combing thru 15,000 B K posts.      

@Blair Kiel posted:

Here's the thing I love about Gutey. When he sees a problem or deficiency, he attacks it via multiple angles. He doesn't just sign one FA, he drafts the position as well. I think the LaFleur/Gutekunst duo are going to have a fantastic run in Green Bay.

that didn't take long to find....I am sure many other examples.  Keelatio and Fudgeya.....Non Dream from Heaven

Why would you want to do that?  We've talked about Watson until there is nothing more to say.   We have only scratched the surface of B K giving blow jobs.

Last edited by ammo
@mrtundra posted:

I had an up close encounter with Herschel Walker once. Nothing major, but still...

My Herschel encounter occurred when UW-River Falls hosted the Kansas City Chiefs' training camp, as part of the Cheese League. Herschel had just joined the vikings due to that huge trade the vikings made with Dallas. The Chiefs hosted the vikings at UW-River Falls for a joint practice and possible scrimmage. I was a State Security Officer at UW-RF. We had five Officers in our Department, plus the Director, and that would not be enough people to cover the event. So we called for mutual aid from the River Falls Police Department and the nearby County Sheriff's Department's. The crowd that showed up was estimated to be 15,000 people. River Falls had a population of 9,000. It was a hot day and after the teams had their practices and small, informal scrimmage, Denny Green and Marty Schottenheimer decided to call it a day. The vikings' buses pulled into the area adjacent to the practice fields, so they could board them and leave town. Some vikings players were signing autographs and one of them was Herschel Walker. As I said, it was a long, hot day, and everyone was tired and ready for a break. Herschel had a huge throng of people around him waiting for autographs. I went over to see if he was ready to go and I said, "Herschel, do you want to get on the bus?" Herschel immediately stopped signing autographs, and looked at me with his mouth agape, dropped the pen, and ran onto the bus. I was just trying to be helpful in seeing him get out of there. I think he took it as an order to get on the bus. No matter, he got on the bus and I never saw him again, in person. Now, he wants to be a werewolf.

Last edited by mrtundra
@D J posted:

I thought the rule was no politics. Oh, my bad, like so many sites one side is allowed the other side (conservative side) gets posts deleted.  Enforce the fucking rule for eveyrone.

Please tell me where he mentioned politics in that post? I see a post with a sports star and an autograph. That's it

You worry about keeping yourself in check....I'll handle the moderation on this site. Thanks

Last edited by Boris

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.