Skip to main content

@ilcuqui posted:

Sounds like the Packers’ O-line is having another rough day at camp today. Didn’t look good at Family Night and has been getting worked consistently based on TC reporting. Something to keep an eye on, for sure.

I think this shines a light on something we often forget...the OL works together as a unit and the more time they spend together- the better they are.
Right now GB is busy getting film on all the various OL in different positions, different line-ups. All of that shuffling around is tough on the players and the unit. Advantage: DL

They'll start settling in on positions/units in the coming weeks and the quality of the OL performance will go up. Keep in mind, GB is currently without top 2 players and the OL is currently in musical chairs mode.

Steno & Butkus are worthy of our faith in putting together an OL UNIT by September.

@Satori posted:

I think this shines a light on something we often forget...the OL works together as a unit and the more time they spend together- the better they are.
Right now GB is busy getting film on all the various OL in different positions, different line-ups. All of that shuffling around is tough on the players and the unit. Advantage: DL

They'll start settling in on positions/units in the coming weeks and the quality of the OL performance will go up. Keep in mind, GB is currently without top 2 players and the OL is currently in musical chairs mode.

Steno & Butkus are worthy of our faith in putting together an OL UNIT by September.

While in essence I agree with this, it does have its limitations. If the o-line's problems are with communication / technique, then we should see improvement. However, if you have multiple guys getting overwhelmed one-on-one by sheer strength / athleticism, it will be difficult to expect a lot of improvement....you can't double team everyone.  

@R MaN posted:

Jaire Alexander with a rare nickel rep. Blitzed Aaron Rodgers from the slot and forced an incompletion. Next rep, Alexander moved back outside with Rasul Douglas at nickel and forced an incompletion on deep ball from Aaron Rodgers.

I think we see a lot of this rotation during the season.
Rasul, Savage and Jaire all taking reps in the slot - depending on opponent, down/distance and scheme

From Andy Herman

https://247sports.com/nfl/gree...ervations-191137812/

"...and now Jarran Reed is off to a tremendous start in 2022.

Nobody is crowning Reed the Packers’ next big free agent signing yet, but Reed’s start is a big reason why the defensive line has been performing so well in training camp. He’s currently a starting lineman next to Clark and Lowry.
Just how well he plays in 2022 will go a long way in defining how good the Packers’ line can be in 2022, and how big of a contract Reed can get in 2023.
It’s early, but the early returns are promising on both Reed and the Packers’ defensive line – which has dominated the offensive line through the first 11 practices of training camp."

@Packmeister posted:

Anyone else going to the game on Friday? I'll be there.

My friend can't go, and he has two tickets available via Ticketmaster. You could maybe get him to part with them for less than their $180 face value...just sayin'...  I know it's late notice, but if any of you are local to the region, and want to go, here's a chance...

Last edited by Packmeister
@Satori posted:

From Andy Herman

https://247sports.com/nfl/gree...ervations-191137812/

"...and now Jarran Reed is off to a tremendous start in 2022.

Nobody is crowning Reed the Packers’ next big free agent signing yet, but Reed’s start is a big reason why the defensive line has been performing so well in training camp. He’s currently a starting lineman next to Clark and Lowry.
Just how well he plays in 2022 will go a long way in defining how good the Packers’ line can be in 2022, and how big of a contract Reed can get in 2023.
It’s early, but the early returns are promising on both Reed and the Packers’ defensive line – which has dominated the offensive line through the first 11 practices of training camp."

He has enjoyed some big seasons in this league. Talking double digit sacks.

@R MaN posted:

#Packers defense has won a lot of days in camp. Today might have been their most dominant. The defense just closed practice pitching a shutout on a pair of 2-minute drills. Aaron Rodgers was rendered to heaving a pair of Hail Mary’s at the end.

The OL is also trying to gel facing many feel is a top 5 NFL defense.  I am not a big fan of the OL struggling but I a huge fan of finally having a truly promising defense

Yosh played better than expected last year, IMHO, and sustained that through the end of the season. I think he should be solid again this year.
I hope the coaches do, too. If Rhyan or Tom can actually win the starting role, so be it, but I don't see that happening.

At this point, I'm not too concerned about camp performance. Our guys were a solid unit last year and I'm confident we have guys that can equal, if not better, the performance of previous players/starters like Turner, Patrick, or Kelly.

PackersWire with an article on ascending Safety, Vernon Scott

https://packerswire.usatoday.c...ackers-depth-chart/?

Green Bay may be 11 practices in, but there is still a ways to go with the preseason games carrying a lot of weight when it comes to these roster decisions.

But for the time being, it is Scott who has been climbing the depth chart.

β€œI really just took a different approach to this offseason, tried to lock in and get better with my techniques and take care of my body better, and really come back stronger and prepared,” Scott said following Sunday’s practice via Packers.com. β€œMy confidence has been high, but (this new opportunity) is just showing my teammates I can step in and they can trust me if someone goes down.”

Here's a little summer fluffery on OT Yosh Nijman

https://www.packers.com/news/p...tment-in-yosh-nijman

"It was just a matter of offensive line coaches Adam Stenavich and Luke Butkus sharpening Nijman's fundamentals and allowing the young man's work ethic to take it from there.

After being tossed in the fire last year by Stenavich, Nijman soared as the emergency option at left tackle. Although a loaded Green Bay defensive front has presented unique challenges to the offensive line this summer, Nijman has answered the bell.

"You've got to give him a lot of credit because he has busted his tail to get where he's at right now," General Manager Brian Gutekunst said. "When you walk out there, you can watch a guy that big that moves like he does and you're going to be intrigued.  "I'm excited for him. He's really worked his way into a guy who's going to have a long career."

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.