Skip to main content

@R MaN posted:

Matt LaFleur on Elgton Jenkins' best spot on offensive line when he returns in full: "Where he's going to play, I think time will tell. I don't want to commit to the left side, I don't want to commit to the right side. I don't want to commit to tight end."

MLF = Funny guy

He's probably hedging based on Bakh's health.
If Bakh is delayed, Jenkins goes to LT and one of Newman, Tom or Nijman gets RT

Just throwing this out there:

If Bakhtiari and Jenkins both come back strong, what O-line combo would you like to see?

I have a hankering for this:

LT Bakh LG Jenkins C Myers RG Runyan RT Nijman

Why not Jenkins at RT? He certainly would excel there. But for me it’s how great he is in the run game. IMO the Packers’ interior last season wasn’t strong in the run game and had some glaring weaknesses in pass blocking too (I’m looking at you Royce Newman). Getting Elgton on the interior could cure many ills plus I’d enjoy watching him bitch-slap Aaron Donald once again. I’m bullish on Nijman and think he could do well at RT. Don’t know enough to understand whether moving JRJ to RG is challenging but I’d take him there over Newman in a flash.

Any others’ thoughts?

Last edited by ilcuqui
@ilcuqui posted:

If Bakhtiari and Jenkins both come back strong, what O-line combo would you like to see?

Why not Jenkins at RT? He certainly would excel there. But for me it’s how great he is in the run game. IMO the Packers’ interior last season wasn’t strong in the run game and had some glaring weaknesses in pass blocking too (I’m looking at you Royce Newman). Getting Elgton on the interior could cure many ills plus I’d enjoy watching him bitch-slap Aaron Donald once again. I’m bullish on Nijman and think he could do well at RT. Don’t know enough to understand whether moving JRJ to RG is challenging but I’d take him there over Newman in a flash.

Any others’ thoughts?

100%.   That would be our best players, so far.  

@ilcuqui posted:

Any others’ thoughts?

Very interesting point.

The timing of these releases was initially surprising until I read that teams have until 4:00 Tuesday afternoon to make a mandatory cut to 85 players. Additionally, another mandatory cut of 5 players has a deadline for that following Tuesday (Aug. 23).

Apparently, these releases may allow the team to put any of these released players on IR if they are not claimed by any other teams. I couldn't find a specific link for an explanation, but it is interesting nonetheless.

The newest addition to the team!

“Welcome, Monarc Seeker.

Talk about state-of-the-art technology. It can be loaded with six footballs, and continuously reloaded. Want to catch passes? It can fire them randomly at 12 different catch points. Want to field punts? It can fire them at various distances and hangtimes, with tight spirals or with wobbles.

What a dream for a rookie receiver to get ready for life with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback. On an end-zone fade, Rodgers takes an average of 1.3 seconds from snap to throw. That data can be programmed into the Seeker. When the flashing blue light turns white, the receiver can run his route. And at 1.3 seconds, the ball comes out of machine and into the back corner of the end zone for a high-point catch opportunity.

If three receivers have an hour – 20 minutes each catching from the Seeker, continually reloading the machine and as the middle man – they can catch about 10,000 footballs a month.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers...id=player-of-the-day

The newest addition to the team!

“Welcome, Monarc Seeker.

Talk about state-of-the-art technology. It can be loaded with six footballs, and continuously reloaded. Want to catch passes? It can fire them randomly at 12 different catch points. Want to field punts? It can fire them at various distances and hangtimes, with tight spirals or with wobbles.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers...id=player-of-the-day

Should Love be worried about his job?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.