Skip to main content

The Minnesota Vikings are holding their rookie minicamp this weekend, and they have already made at least one roster decision, Larry Brown of Larry Brown Sports reports.

Former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Hundley attended the minicamp as a tryout player. His time in Minnesota will be brief.

The St. Paul Pioneer Press’ Chris Tomasson says the Vikings will be cutting Hundley.

Hundley was a fifth-round pick by the Packers in 2015. He saw his most extensive NFL action in 2017, when he went 3-6 over nine games starting in place of the injured Aaron Rodgers. The 28-year-old has appeared in 18 career NFL games and thrown for 9 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

@Goldie posted:

The Minnesota Vikings are holding their rookie minicamp this weekend, and they have already made at least one roster decision, Larry Brown of Larry Brown Sports reports.

Former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Hundley attended the minicamp as a tryout player. His time in Minnesota will be brief.

The St. Paul Pioneer Press’ Chris Tomasson says the Vikings will be cutting Hundley.

Hundley was a fifth-round pick by the Packers in 2015. He saw his most extensive NFL action in 2017, when he went 3-6 over nine games starting in place of the injured Aaron Rodgers. The 28-year-old has appeared in 18 career NFL games and thrown for 9 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

Are you saying that there is a former Packer that the Vikings do not want???

@mrtundra posted:

Are you saying that there is a former Packer that the Vikings do not want???

@Goldie posted:

We should bring him back to GB. He could probably win the #3 job behind Rodgers and Benkert

Not knowing in the inner workings of individual’s decisions and all the financial details involved in the decision making processes, it would seem like the idea of playing in GB isn’t overly appealing to a lot of WR’s. Could be $, could be something with AR, could be family things with the player in question. Who knows.

I’m personally of the opinion that the idea of playing up in Northern WI doesn’t appeal to a ton of guys. Before you try and destroy me, remember it’s just an opinion, but IF GB was an option for any of these WR, then there’s definitely been a trend not to choose GB, ie. Adams (some will say proximity to family) , OBJ, Landry (is from La). I just think playing GB doesn’t trump all these other factors.

I don't understand why more players won't want to come and play for Green Bay.   It was just named the 3rd best place to live in the USA.

https://kool1017.com/what-wisc...n-the-united-states/

@H5 posted:

Sucks for Cohen. Achilles. You can hear it pop.

Don't know if this was posted previously, but if you haven't read his "Letter to My Younger Self," it's well worth your time. Linky.

Tragedy stalks some people, and it's definitely following Cohen... 

@ammo posted:

I don't understand why more players won't want to come and play for Green Bay.   It was just named the 3rd best place to live in the USA.

https://kool1017.com/what-wisc...n-the-united-states/

I want everyone everywhere to know this is not true!

Wisconsin sucks - it's cold and buggy and rude and backward and if you ain't from around here and the taxes and the cost of everything and there's nothing to do and people fish on ice, ICE!, and ...   stay far away, it's pure hell.

(this msg brought to you by the consortium to not get overrun here, and the Don't Promote Wisconsin Club of ... Nevermind)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.