Skip to main content

@vitaflo posted:

They could add 20 more WRs and if Rodgers doesn’t trust them it won’t matter. That to me is the bigger story. Is AR gonna actually going to throw to these guys or is he going to ice them out after the first drop?

Or not throw to them if they are covered or won't convert the 1st down when needed. 

Or protect the ball because Dennis Kelly was getting his ass whipped. 

I am hoping they force AR to throw to Watson and Doubs in TC - maybe AR will discover 2010 all over again.  Can hope anyway.

This thought has entered my head.  Maybe they don't make a move for WR until after TC/preseason after they see what they have in Watson and Doubs.

Also, to see if friggin' Watkins and Cobb can make it through to the regular season.

Last edited by Henry

And not once did they mention Cobb was on the roster.  AR usually takes to veteran WRs or TEs better.  He already has Cobb, Lazard, and Watkins.  I am hoping they force AR to throw to Watson and Doubs in TC - maybe AR will discover 2010 all over again.  Can hope anyway.

Except he won’t be throwing to Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones.

And Swain.

TC is right around the corner...so IF the Mighty Green Bay Packers are going to sign any vets, it often happens in the next week or so. Last summer we saw Randall Cobb, Chauncey Rivers and Dennis Kelly added.

I'd put the needs in this order, others ( mostly dumdums) will have a different list

EDGE 3 - To compete with Enagbare, Ramsey, Garvin and Galeai. Ideal addition can impact the passer and set an occasional edge, eat about 350 snaps in 2022
Can go the smaller bitch-kitty route or larger DE types like Carlos Dunlap.

CB 4  - there's in- house competition from Kabion Ento (converted WR), Rico Gafford, Shemar-Jean Charles and more. Several vets still hanging around in FA and given Kevin King's knowledge of the defense and ability to play CB and FS on occasion, he's a good fit and lower cost $$

Both of these positions will play a fair number of snaps in 2022

After that, you can certainly make a case for:

Vet OT - depending on how Jenkins/Bahk are doing in rehab, you can look at another Dennis Kelly, Jared Veldheer type. They can lean on Yosh Nijman at RT to start the year, then when Jenkins returns, he's the swing tackle.
However, the knock on Yosh is that he doesn't have a lot of sand in his britches - he handles the speed rushers with aplomb but the full size DEs have been able to walk him back too frequently - and that's a bigger liability at RT.

Safety 3 & 4  Innes Gaines, Shawn Davis, Vernon Scott and K. Nixon will all have a chance at this one. Nixon is a lock on STs and can play some CB too - just like Jarret Bush. GB could look at adding a vet here, depending on how they feel

As far as any other positions, there aren't many vets available that would represent an upgrade in Titletown. This is a pretty deep and talented squad heading into the 2022 campaign

Go Packers

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.