Skip to main content

Let's place all OTA and Mini Camp stuff in one thread..

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@packerboi posted:

And he's a Kraut, too.  Poor Goalline. 

@packerboi posted:

Kickoffs we’re weak, but I’m wondering how much of the FG had to do with the LS and/or holder. Crosby looked to be heading to Vinitiari territory being old but reliable and then hit a wall with Opie and then Bojo holding. Have to think that’s a big part of why they let Bojo go, beyond just his inconsistency.

Kickers, by and large, are susceptible to jammed eyelids and other mental maladies, and can get into a funk PDQ. Crosby went through such a period just a couple or so years back, as I recall.

Last year, he didn't stand much of a chance. Poor snaps and holds are bad enough, but piling on consistent protection breakdowns is more than enough to give anybody the yips.
However, I don't think Crosby had one, and his mechanics were good, so I think if those issues are solved, he will be fine.

@Timmy! posted:

Kickers, by and large, are susceptible to jammed eyelids and other mental maladies, and can get into a funk PDQ. Crosby went through such a period just a couple or so years back, as I recall.

Last year, he didn't stand much of a chance. Poor snaps and holds are bad enough, but piling on consistent protection breakdowns is more than enough to give anybody the yips.
However, I don't think Crosby had one, and his mechanics were good, so I think if those issues are solved, he will be fine.

He was much younger back then. Now is the time to look into replacing him.

@michiganjoe posted:

Who's Romeo Dobbs? 

@michiganjoe posted:

A bit of context.

I try and see both sides to any argument. However, IRT voluntary workouts I feel that the advantage gained by going outweighs the rest and personal time afforded to skipping them. It’s a personal choice. I get that. Making them voluntary was an agreement between parties at a labor contract. So, indeed, they are strictly voluntary. Yet, as others have pointed out, it behooves them to attend. I understand the need for some free time after a grueling season and the body’s and minds need the rest. But in order to address that I would prefer that teams would push these sessions closer to TC and that the players would attend them. My only exception would be for rookies and new players who might need a tad more time and breaks to review the playbook. Then the early voluntary workouts make sense for them.

Last edited by PackerPatrick

I tend to be lenient with vets that have 4+ years of experience, but I would rather they attend than not. Especially a certain player who was recently made the highest paid player in the league, who likewise should be 'encouraging' his teammates to do the same...
Even if they carry a fairly light workload, it still benefits both the team and player.

Newcomers, whether they are vets, rookies, or FAs should consider "voluntary" to be the same as "mandatory".

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.