Skip to main content

The first-ever NFL regular-season game in Germany is set.

The Seattle Seahawks will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 9:30 a.m. ET on Nov. 13 at Allianz Arena -- home of FC Bayern Munich -- in Munich, the league announced Wednesday. The game will air on NFL Network.

The 2020 Super Bowl champs will again feature Tom Brady on a roster constructed to win now under new head coach Todd Bowles. They'll take on a new-look Seahawks team, in the midst of its first season in a decade without Russell Wilson as the starting quarterback.

In February, the NFL announced the participation of five teams -- the Buccaneers, Arizona Cardinals, Jacksonville Jaguars, New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers -- in International Series games for the 2022 season. Their opponents will be revealed throughout the morning on Good Morning Football. Follow along live as the rest of the International Series slate is released.

Last edited by Slobknocker
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Henry posted:

On a side note, I hope the Packers keep hosting Furtbol matches on a regular basis.  I'd go check that shit out.  I wonder how they'll prep the field for a proper sized pitch?

They won't, it's a friendly geared more toward marketing the club to the Yanks so they will look past the smaller size. Most clubs practice on smaller pitches anyway, so it's not that huge of a deal.

Premier League in the USA is big money for them...more American's watch PL weekly than Europeans.

I was contemplating going since Man City is my club, but it's going to be a premium ticket (plus air fair and hotel for me) to watch a lot of guys with numbers like 77 and 84 running around for 90 minutes.

Couple of years ago I went and watched FC Barcelona vs Man United up in Santa Clara just after Levi's Stadium opened. It was cool, but it cost me $120 to sit 5 rows from the top of the stadium. If I lived within driving distance of Lambeau I'd probably go.

If you can swing the ticket, I'd recommend going...even though you'll see a lot of young kids playing, you will get the chance to see some of the world's best soccer players live. The speed is astounding.

So what do you think about the NFL airing two football games on Monday nights? One game will be on ABC and the other, which starts about an hour later, will be aired on ESPN.

Also what do you think about Amazon Prime getting the exclusive broadcast rights, for the next 11 years, to TNF? Wondering if streaming Amazon Prime will be the only way to watch those games. If so, lots of football fans, in more rural areas, may be out of luck trying to watch those games, or the later MNF game broadcast over ESPN. How does this affect DirecTV customers, who buy the NFL package? Sounds like the NFL wants to disenfranchise football fans from watching those games.

Last edited by mrtundra
@mrtundra posted:

So what do you think about the NFL airing two football games on Monday nights? One game will be on ABC and the other, which starts about an hour later, will be aired on ESPN.

Also what do you think about Amazon Prime getting the exclusive broadcast rights, for the next 11 years, to TNF? Wondering if streaming Amazon Prime will be the only way to watch those games. If so, lots of football fans, in more rural areas, may be out of luck trying to watch those games, or the later MNF game broadcast over ESPN. How does this affect DirecTV customers, who buy the NFL package? Sounds like the NFL wants to disenfranchise football fans from watching those games.

These new sites are giving the NFL a bunch of cash and the cap will jump. So I think that the players and owners will profit. Diehard fans will find a way to watch regardless. But, yes it will be harder and more expensive for the ordinary fan to watch. I am away from TV sources part of the league year and found myself listening to paid radio and looking at my computer screen stats. It’s rough but better than nothing.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.