Skip to main content

Figured we'd put a catch all OTA thread for this season. Guessing we will see a lot of this during the summer

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Gotta find a way to get Tom on that OL. He's too good to be a backup.

@packerboi posted:

Gotta find a way to get Tom on that OL. He's too good to be a backup.

He should be our starting RT.

@Floridarob posted:

not feeling the music from the videos. How about a little Bing or Frank. Elvis too if you want to kick it up a bit.

Sorry old man....

Age on this squad is 26 and younger.

😁

First public comment by anybody regarding the exact nature of Eric Stokes’ injury last season:

@ByRyanWood:  #Packers CB Eric Stokes says he tore his meniscus last season, which wouldn’t have been too bad, except he also had a Lisfranc injury. Both required surgery, ending his season. What’s different now than then?

“Shit, I can walk,” Stokes said.

He needed wheelchair after surgery.

@RobDemovsky:  CB Eric Stokes said he had surgery on his knee and foot — they were done at the same time — after his November injury. He had a lisfranc injury and had a plate inserted in his foot.

He said he finally started running a couple weeks ago and believes he’ll get his speed back.

Last edited by ilcuqui
@packerboi posted:

Most of them were in Green Bay for a large part of the off-season.

@ilcuqui posted:

First public comment by anybody regarding the exact nature of Eric Stokes’ injury last season:

@ByRyanWood:  #Packers CB Eric Stokes says he tore his meniscus last season, which wouldn’t have been too bad, except he also had a Lisfranc injury. Both required surgery, ending his season. What’s different now than then?

“Shit, I can walk,” Stokes said.

He needed wheelchair after surgery.

@RobDemovsky:  CB Eric Stokes said he had surgery on his knee and foot — they were done at the same time — after his November injury. He had a lisfranc injury and had a plate inserted in his foot.

He said he finally started running a couple weeks ago and believes he’ll get his speed back.

That's great, but a Lisfranc is something to worry about. Especially if he had a plate put in as well. That's not good.

@Fandame posted:

That's great, but a Lisfranc is something to worry about. Especially if he had a plate put in as well. That's not good.

Especially when playing a position that requires you to change direction quickly.

Especially for a player who's greatest asset was probably his speed.

In a wheelchair and "finally started running a couple weeks ago" doesn't say to me that he'll be 100% ready to go for camp.

Last edited by DH13
@DH13 posted:

In a wheelchair and "finally started running a couple weeks ago" doesn't say to me that he'll be 100% ready to go for camp.

3FFB93D1-6051-40E6-BC74-BBE767D6448F

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 3FFB93D1-6051-40E6-BC74-BBE767D6448F: Run

I wonder when the lisfranc started acting up for him or if it was a sudden injury.  He was struggling last year compared to his rookie season so I wonder if the foot was limiting him before he tore the meniscus.

@DH13 posted:

PUP or IR designated to return, I bet.

@DH13 posted:

Bouncing back from Lisfranc injuries

Depending on the severity of the injury, full recovery from a Lisfranc tear or fracture could take up to a year – and it’s certainly not guaranteed. Philadelphia Eagles running back Duce Staley retired a few years after sustaining a Lisfranc injury.

One millimeter of displacement in the midfoot has the potential to alter or end the careers of athletes who rely on the ability to push off, change direction quickly, and run away from defenders. Even after successful surgery and rehab, some patients face chronic pain, arthritis, and loss of their arch.

==============================================

Hoping for the best, but the Gute needs to plan for the worst.

IIRC, Stokes did this on shit ass turf against the Lions along with losing Gary in another non-contact injury also on that crap surface.

It's ridiculous in today's NFL that these surfaces are still allowed to be played on.

The kid I know who had a Lisfranc was a football and soccer player. After that injury, which was quite involved, they were just hoping that he would be able to walk without a limp for the rest of his life -- and he was just 16. He used to run at least five miles a day and was a noted HS linebacker and TE. I hope Stokes' injury wasn't as bad.

And yes, they should outlaw that crappy turf in Detroit!

Staley didn’t retire because of the Lisfranc injury. That happened during the 2000 season. He was playing the following season but missed additional time due to a different injury. He starter all 16 games the year after that, and got over 300 touches. He didn’t retire until 2007, and I’m not so certain it had anything to do with the foot injury from 2000.

As advanced medicine was in 2000, it’s probably significantly advanced more than 20 years later. I think it’s more probable than not Stokes will be fine.

Anthony Lucas was drafted by the Packers in the 4th round of the 2000 draft (114th), and was waived the following August. He had a lot of potential, but couldn't get on the field due to injuries. The Cowboys picked him up, but he retired two years later because of his knee injuries.

That pick was definitely a gamble. The team knew he was recovering from an injury he sustained during his senior season.

Last edited by Packmeister

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.