Skip to main content

So those brackets ( ) mean the Packers have all that money, right?!?

My guess, as of now, Cobb, Lewis, Amos, Lowry, Lazard and Crosby are gone. Bakh, Kenny Clark and Aaron Jones' contracts get re-worked with money converted to bonuses.

I would guess Gary gets extended, although they may want to time this the same way they did with Jenkins to make sure he looks the way he did pre-ACL. So that means his contract extension wouldn't happen until Novemberish,

I doubt Tonyan gets much attention in FA but you never know. He'd be a good #2 TE, but that whole group needs a retool.

There is some serious band-aid ripping off needing to be done. If Gurt, Ballz and WMM don't see that the franchise's return to greatness will be much more prolonged.

TBF, I think Ballz gets what needs to be done...he's a bean counter. Seldom do they get sentimental at the expense of the bottom line.

WMM is just saying "don't fuck things up until 2025! I've got my golden handshake coming!!!"

Last edited by Chongo

Some folks fail to grasp that the next 2.5 years are all about celebrating Mark Murphy and the culture he has instilled in Green Bay before the great man retires.

"My point in all of this is that the Eagles are the anti-Packers, who value continuity above all else. They will hold on to obviously failing players, coaches and GMs for far too long, only making a change when the results are truly disastrous. It's why Ted Thompson was allowed to conduct the draft when he was ill, why McCarthy held onto his job until the Packers became an embarrassment, why Amari Rodgers kept getting thrown out there despite costing the team games, why Aaron Rodgers was given a ridiculous contract, to "stay, please stay," why Joe Barry is coming back in 2023."

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/...-dark-days-ahead-202

@packerboi posted:

A Cleveland-like model? As in giving a seriously flawed person a 5-year, 100% guaranteed $230 million deal?

@packerboi posted:

So those brackets ( ) mean the Packers have all that money, right?!?

My guess, as of now, Cobb, Lewis, Amos, Lowry, Lazard and Crosby are gone. Bakh, Kenny Clark and Aaron Jones' contracts get re-worked with money converted to bonuses.

I would guess Gary gets extended, although they may want to time this the same way they did with Jenkins to make sure he looks the way he did pre-ACL. So that means his contract extension wouldn't happen until Novemberish,

I doubt Tonyan gets much attention in FA but you never know. He'd be a good #2 TE, but that whole group needs a retool.

I'm wondering if Bakh stays. Depending on what happens to Rodgers, in GB, Bakh could be gone, as well. I think Jones may be gone, too, depending if they can rework his contract, or not.  

Guessing it's tear up the old, start new...add years and kick the bonus down the road. Good business all around. Unless it's life-changing money or they just don't like where they are, most players want to stay put.

Still though, 33 is probably the best citizen on the team. He's in the same class as Donald Driver...Packer People to the core.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.