Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ug, was at the game.

Evans shots had zero chance of going in. Every one hit the front iron.

There is a palpable increase in energy when Dekker comes in. Somehow he is being stunted, whether by Bo or by the seniors on the court. He has the highest basketball IQ of the whole team. Granted he picked up his second foul, but I think he played about 8 minutes in the second half.

UW shot .296. Holy crap how were they in the game? And yet they make a couple free throws at the end and they could have sent it into OT.

Look at the guard scoring, it was something like 43 for MSU to 11 for UW. gack.
Whatever the reason, not enought Dekker, too much Evans, bad shooting, real bad free throw shooting, bad coaching, etc. All a team, at home needs is 50 pts to put away the current Big 10 leader and send perhaps their biggest rival home with a loss and they can only come up with 47......47 points by a fair to good Big Ten team at home is inexcusable.

Sparty was more than willing to lose or at least playing not to win.

To go from last weeks euphoria to this is hard to take.

Behind 30 to 10 at Iowa, 47 points at home with stretches of putrid offense and frankly, grade school type shooting. We have seen way to many of these pointless stretches from theBadgers over the yrs. What bugs me is Bo calls a time out and to my eye, usually just comes back on the court with the same O, no drawn up plays, nothing different.
In the past they had a guy that could bail them out of those funks. And it was always a G. This year, they don't have that player- not consistently anyway.

And that's what's frustrating Berggren is not a go-to scorer. Evans wants to be, but hasn't been. Jackson was a few games, but that's changed. Bruiser was also a couple games. Not now.

I don't think Dekker is ready, and taking out the emotion of losing, Ryan is probably right. He's their best option, but he's still a freshman. The teams leadership stepped up in the 4-0 start. That's what has to happen again if they're going to get back in this thing.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.