Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That was a helluva basketball game. Great that UW won this one, too- they didn't panic, they stayed the course, and got stops in the final minute. Gasser was HUGE. Those 3 3s he hot in tat flurry by Iowa was how they stayed in it, because they were about to crumble. Kinda glad they let Oglesby get checked by Koenig. Good lesson, there. That'll pay off in the future.

They won against MSU, then Minnesota on the road, Michigan on the road, now Iowa on the road. They should right back in the top 10 and a top 3 seed in the NCAA. And lookie lookie... They have another B1G title in sight. Didn't think they could get back in the hunt, by I'll be damned if they're right there again...

Badgers seem to have their mojo back. If they ever get all 8 main guys clicking at once this team will not be stopped. Keoning had his best game today. Frank the Tank has been playing great and Dekker looks to be back to where he was earlier in the season.  Now they need to get Brust and Hayes back on track and keep the rest playing good BB too.

I like the sound of this from SI:

Put simply, the Badgers have done everything the selection committee looks for out of a high seed. They have four wins over top-20 RPI teams. They’ve won seven games on the road, including five in the Big Ten, and three on neutral courts. Their seven wins over teams that are considered locks to make the NCAA Tournament are the most in the conference. And after a mid-season swoon in which they lost five of six games, they’ve gotten back to playing the brand of efficient offense that once had them ranked No. 3 in the country. They’ve scored at least 75 points in four of the five games on their current winning streak, shooting 46.8 percent from the floor and 39.2 percent from three. Their last four regular season games are against Indiana, Penn State, Purdue and Nebraska. KenPom only gives them a 36 percent chance to win all four games, but they’ll no doubt be favored in each of them. Should they win all four, they’d be 26-5 overall and 13-5 in arguably the best conference in the country, with eight top-50 RPI wins. That sounds like a 2-seed in March.

http://college-basketball.si.c...y-big-ten/?eref=sihp

Nice comeback at the end.  Gasser's 3's were huge.

I was worried that we were allowing Iowa to get too many second shots....all the while we couldn't make any shots for a stretch there in the 2nd Half.

Overall, we didn't panic.  I really think that was/has been the key this year.  We don't seem to panic in crunch time.  Heck, even Hayes made free throws!

I just wish we would get a little more "nasty" on defense.

I didn't like the non-call for Intentional foul.  Really?  Granted he was going for the ball, but you don't grab the arm and yank it down either.

We're still in the hunt!  But egad, that Northwestern loss looks bad now.

The evolution of Frank Kaminsky has sure been a treat to watch. The kid has tremendous footwork, and now his confidence is sky high. To have this kind of 7 footer with the post moves, footwork, and step out ability is just exciting. And only a Junior. Wow.

Hayes had a tough game today. But after Bo sat him he calmed down. The one thing that still bugs me about this team is they aren't particularly good rebounding. Opponents gets way too many second shots.

But this is the team. They're back on target now. Pretty amazing really...

Hayes is a freshman and he's going to have some inconsistency in his game but I still think it's important for him to get a lot of minutes.   He does force teams to honor him defensively and I think his presence opens things up more for Kaminisky to do his thing.   He's going to be a very good player when it's all said and done because he has that "it" factor.

I also like what I'm seeing out of Koenig.   He brings a different element than Brust or Gasser and he's getting more comfortable with taking and making shots.

Brust is still in a funk it seems but I think he'll work through it because he's been there before.  He did make a big shot in the second half and it's just a matter of time before he gets his stroke back.

Gasser was unreal yesterday.  He made big shot after big shot and just when it seemed like Iowa was going to take control he got out the dagger and the Hawks had no answer for him.

I think (when healthy) Michigan State is the best team in the big ten.  Iowa and Wisconsin are not far behind.  Iowa needs to learn how to close out games.  Osu and Michigan can win a game on any give night.  The bad teams are better than they have been in the past.  Should be a fun tournament and all the more important to have the first day off. 

I still think they end up as a #2 seed playing in Milwaukee.  In the last bracketology on ESPN they get a very favorable draw in that bracket and personally I'd rather they get a #2 seed and play basically at home then secure a #1 seed and go to a different region.

I also see UWGB as a #12 seed and assuming they win the Horizon League tournament that is a dangerous team.   They have size you don't usually see in a mid major program and Sykes is an electric playmaking guard.  

Last edited by Tschmack

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.