Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Before the Arizona game, TJ Lang said that in his opinion the OL and the backs weren't missing each other by much, and that they just needed to get their timing down with the "new" RB's (Green and Starks).

I'd say it looks like he was right. Even though it is Week 10, the Packers' running game is really just now starting to come together.

In the red zone, McCarthy obviously wants the ball in AR's hands right now, a good choice because #12 is exceptionally good at finding the open guy down there. But with the improvement in the running game, that could start to change here. Either way, I don't see it as a very important stat. Just score, baby.
quote:
I know we're a passing team, but is this a reason to be concerned?
The most concerning thing is the lack of explosive runs. They are a big play offense and they're not getting any from the running game. They get in the end zone just fine with the passing game but the running game isn't giving the production it should based on the fronts they're facing and the effort they're putting into it.

I like Sitton and Lang better on the right side than Sitton and a badly dinged Bulaga. It's not just the hip with him (and maybe more than the knee too). I think we find out after the season just what he was playing through.

This team is very vulnerable to the weather. It's not like they have a dome at home to fall back on either. If they hit one of those windy games Starks is immediately the most important guy on the field and they're going to have to put the game plan on his back. Rodgers for all his talents is less than stellar at putting the optimal touch on the short ones. I don't see Green as a good bad weather back either. He seems a bit top heavy. I guess the good news is he's capable. I'm not sure they can get enough blocking talent on the field to help him though. That's not what they do best and it's not what the personnel is best suited for no matter how much they'd like to do it.

Cobb is the wild card in one of those games but you have to be careful you limit his touches so the big guys don't get their hands on him too much. That end around has been practiced endlessly I'd bet but they're not going to use it until they really need it and I'd bet it pops up in the game where they can't force the ball down field.
Just feel like we have excuses every year. Last couple years the lack of running game was blamed on the fact we shuffled the o-line all training camp. This year it's health. RB is not one of TT's sweet spots and it's obvious we never really invest much in the position from a $$ standpoint. I understand we won a Super Bowl with Starks at RB but imagine Rodgers with a real threat at RB!
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderbird:
Yes, Rodgers had one in the Houston game that was called back. He did his "belt" celebration, and later said he felt foolish about it since the play didn't count. At any rate, I think it's odd that there are only 2 rushing touchdowns after 9 games.

I'll continue to look at the W-L for guidance.

The Packers trying to find a running game this year has been equivalent to a certain poster trying to find the wife's wet spot.

The struggle continues, never ending.
Last edited by Boris

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.