Skip to main content

http://www.jsonline.com/sports...6ein2-165882096.html

Bob McGinn says he does. I am so mad at TT for not picking Ingram at no 28. Why did he pick this Perry guy? He is so much worse than Ingram. Please help me come up with the top 20 reasons Perry sucks worse than Ingram. I'm going to send the list to TT in protest.

1.One more article for Bob McGinn to write, because he had nothing.

2.Perry can only abuse starting tackles. LAME! Ingram is so good he requested and received the right to abuse future Hall of Famer Herb Taylor.

Keep 'm coming, boys. Mad
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

McGinn offers some post-draft fodder every year

He chided the Packers for not moving up and taking Floppy McManTitties, the bengals O-Lineman who needed a manzier

He suggested the Packers would have been better off taking Jerry Hughes instead of Bryan Bulaga

He chided TT for grabbing Raji over oft-injured Crabtree

Shoveling some schit
And stirring the pot
McGinn is an agitator
but a GM he's not

Bob does great research, has an incredible Rolodex of NFL contacts and brings a lot to the table for the JSO. But actually picking players isn't his forte
So wait, the guys that were selected in front of the guys we got are supposed to be better? McGinn, you're a genius......

I'm sure Ingram would have been the pick if he was available, but for TT to go from 28 to 17 (ie: jumping ahead of San Diego at 18), it likely would have cost him a second rounder, ie: Worthy or Hayward.

And regarding Reyes, I am almost positive that as soon as Reyes came off the board, TT looked to trade up, as he sensed a run of DT's and he didn't want to miss out on Reyes, Worthy and Still. And it was a great move, b/c Still went two picks after Worthy.

Overall, kind of a dumb article. It's an article that any of could have written as it provides almost no insight. IMO, Perry and Worthy need to be evaluated against Upshaw and Still, as those are the two guys the Packers could have drafted.
quote:
Originally posted by chickenboy:
It probably will be several years before the efficacy of these selections will become clear. All that can be said now is that Ingram and Reyes had better days than Perry and Worthy on Thursday night when the two teams played an exhibition opener in San Diego.

Pulled verbatim from the piece.

That's brilliant. You can read.

So if I called you an idiot today with the caveat that some day your idiocy may wane you would be okay with that, right?

Nevermind that the guy set up the piece to make Ingram better than he was and Perry worse than he was. NOOOO! Smiler
McGinn made is perfectly clear it was only one game and an exhibition at that. He also made it clear there is no predicting the careers of any of these characters.

He also has to supply content during a time of year when there ain't much to talk about.

The Pack's defense sucked last year and is the number one story line coming into this season.

The comparison's between the Bolts and Packs defenses from a year ago are striking.

Bolt pups outplayed Pack pups last week.

Seems like a perfect thing to write about and I don't understand why people get so fired up over criticism of Packer draft picks.
quote:
Originally posted by CUPackFan:
I'm sure Ingram would have been the pick if he was available, but for TT to go from 28 to 17 (ie: jumping ahead of San Diego at 18), it likely would have cost him a second rounder, ie: Worthy or Hayward.

Fair points. I guess, all things being equal, I'd rather have Perry and either Worthy or Hayward than just Ingram.

I found this rather bizarre:

In his debut, Perry played 35 snaps and did all right. By subjective judgment, he made something happen on six plays, including a sack in 4.3 seconds against right tackle Jeromey Clary. Ingram, on the other hand, was sensational. In about the same number of snaps, he crushed Aaron Rodgers on an outside rush, drew a holding penalty on an inside rush and kept knocking tackles on their haunches with punishing power surges.

So they each had a sack, each had some pressure and each drew a holding penalty. Each also had some good plays against the run. Perry was going against a bona fide starting tackle, Ingram was going against flotsam. As I read this I failed to see how Ingram was that much better based on McGinn's supporting statements.

Whatever - it's preseason fodder. Tonight should be a fun game to watch.
Long before that pre-season game, I thought the Chargers may have really hit on Reyes and Ingram. Ingram in particular, I think it was a bit surprising to see him drop as much as he did in the draft.

It would be no shame in my eyes if the Packer guys aren't quite as good as the Charger guys this year (and it's WAY WAY too early to declare that). They just need to be good enough to complement Matthews, Raji, etc. That's all that matters.
quote:
Originally posted by JJSD:
quote:
Originally posted by CUPackFan:

Fair points. I guess, all things being equal, I'd rather have Perry and either Worthy or Hayward than just Ingram.

I found this rather bizarre:

In his debut, Perry played 35 snaps and did all right. By subjective judgment, he made something happen on six plays, including a sack in 4.3 seconds against right tackle Jeromey Clary. Ingram, on the other hand, was sensational. In about the same number of snaps, he crushed Aaron Rodgers on an outside rush, drew a holding penalty on an inside rush and kept knocking tackles on their haunches with punishing power surges.

So they each had a sack, each had some pressure and each drew a holding penalty. Each also had some good plays against the run. Perry was going against a bona fide starting tackle, Ingram was going against flotsam. As I read this I failed to see how Ingram was that much better based on McGinn's supporting statements.

Whatever - it's preseason fodder. Tonight should be a fun game to watch.

Bingo. Exactly what I saw as well. McGinn saw the same thing and tried to conclude one was better than the other. . I wasnt buying it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.